I dare you to retire and give your job to a young person

I can't believe the OP wants a young person to take our jobs.

This happened in a small town in America but it could just as easily happen to us. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik

What he wants and what he gets are two different things and no; in answer to the question, I wouldn't hand my job over.

We have unemployed people on allotment waiting lists and idle land. In other countries people are starving to death.

Something is deeply deeply wrong.

Land and currency monopoly. We need land & currency reform to address this madness and bring unemployed workers back to the ranks of producer.

We have unemployed people on allotment waiting lists and idle land. In other countries people are starving to death.

Land and currency monopoly. We need land & currency reform to address this madness and bring unemployed workers back to the ranks of producer.

It won't happen while it's too easy for them to sit around all day on there fat arses.

Im ayoung person and ive found a job, a good one actually.

The reason why some young people are unemployed is because the cant be arsed to work.

Young people can find jobs but its easier to nip to the job centre and get money that way. They certainly seem to have more money than me most of the time anyway!

Just as an example, there are always jobs going at places like greggs etc.

Im ayoung person and ive found a job, a good one actually.

The reason why some young people are unemployed is because the cant be arsed to work.

Young people can find jobs but its easier to nip to the job centre and get money that way. They certainly seem to have more money than me most of the time anyway!

Just as an example, there are always jobs going at places like greggs etc.

Good for you:thumbsup:

some of you wont do that because you think your special but yor not life goes on without you and they will do a better job than you your sat here posting comments on sf same as me but i accept im too old to work give your job up to the next generation

Perhaps it's education people need, like the ability to string together coherent sentences.

Ahhhh.. Lord of the Rizlas has tried talking to the grown ups.

Why are unemployed people on allotment waiting lists - why are they not looking for a job. Where do they think they will have the money to get the raw materials, equipment and supplies needed to grow things without a job.

What has land got to do with jobs. Are you saying there is a queue of young people who just cant wait to get a job working on the land. Sod their college qualificaitons and degrees - nah just give them a shovel and a rake and problems solved. :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

Or has the smoky herb rotted your brain even deeply and do you still think we should be living in a landlord free utopia with our own universal patches of green to sustain ourselves with. Lets just say in your mental world...If you gave an employed young person a patch of land. What exactly would they do with it?

Ahhhh.. Lord of the Rizlas has tried talking to the grown ups.
:loopy:

Why are unemployed people on allotment waiting lists - why are they not looking for a job. Where do they think they will have the money to get the raw materials, equipment and supplies needed to grow things without a job.

Anybody can apply for an allotment.

A man can be after an allotment AND look for work.

Employed people have allotments. Some even have multiple jobs.

They might already own materials, they could borrow them, or get a loan to purchase them with the intention of paying it off with money saved from food purchasing.

You can make a simple seed bomb using a free condom from the doctors, bit of water, some fertilizer and wildflower seeds harvested for free. Cost = next to nothing.

What has land got to do with jobs.

Food and natural resources just magically appear! Factories and houses are moored in space. We do not need any land at all :roll:

Are you saying there is a queue of young people who just cant wait to get a job working on the land. Sod their college qualificaitons and degrees - nah just give them a shovel and a rake and problems solved. :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

Ahem.

Those opposed to a renaissance in farm labour for idealistic or commercial reasons will inevitably cite a "lack of interest" from younger generations in pursuing a career on the farm. But recent evidence from Ireland suggests a buck in the trend. Following the Eurozone economic crash in 2007 when unemployment rocketed to 60 percent across the Republic, attendance at agricultural colleges has increased by 44 percent as the next generation seek a way to remain employed in the country. (16)

Here in the UK the Higher Education Statistics Agency reported in January 2012 that "Agriculture courses had seen the biggest increase in UK university enrolments over the last two years. Agriculture and related subjects saw an 11 per cent surge in undergraduate students and two per cent rise in postgraduate students between 2008/10 and 2010/11". (17) Readers of The Land will also be aware of a growing interest among a younger generation to return to the land – typified by the growing Reclaim the Fields movement across Europe.

http://www.thelandmagazine.org.uk/articles/can-britain-farm-itself-2

Or has the smoky herb rotted your brain even deeply and do you still think we should be living in a landlord free utopia with our own universal patches of green to sustain ourselves with. Lets just say in your mental world...If you gave an employed young person a patch of land. What exactly would they do with it?

Considering the size of allotment waiting lists, increased agriculture course enrollments at universities, the desire for employment since the start of the recession/depression and the fact that we have the smallest percentage of agricultural workers in the world and very unequal land distribution.

They would grow FOOD!

But that isn't labour productive you might say? True.

It is LAND productive though, and whilst it might not be the most productive job in terms of labour, it is a darn sight more productive than living on the dole. It would stimulate local economy around the country and increase food security.

They might even grow a bit of herb. People have brought farming indoors, they have no access to land. SO they rent property and grow stuff! No surprise that parts of the country with the cheapest housing have more cannabis factories.

Speaking from a young persons point of view (24) you are talking absolute rubbish.

I know a chap who is at the top end of 70 and hasn't retired yet because 1) he can't afford to and 2) he wishes to provide a comfortable future for his loved ones. Why should he quit and suffer just so someone else can take his job I mean come on with all due respect that's just stupid.

There is jobs around if people want them the problem is these days people want a big choice and don't realise that isn't an option within the current economical climate.

I have done all sorts of crap, tedious, rubbish, boring jobs but I had to do them I didn't get the option to say NO because I need the money as I have living costs to pay for.

To me you should retire when you can afford it and when you are ready for it not because some shrivelled up old hag says you should.

If people want a job there is jobs out there people just need to realise the climate doesn't allow for you to be picky.

:thumbsup: Good For You Young Man.

This is by far the best post on here

What a load of rubbish!

I started looking for work as did many others when unemployment was at close to 3 million.

We weren't crying for older workers, the ones with the experience and knowledge, to give up their jobs, we got on our bikes and looked for work.

Try taking a page out of the young mans book, the one on calendar who stood at the side of a road with a board requesting work.

Thats the sort of young person we want in our workplace, the ones that get off their arse and do something rather than crying as if they have a god given right to expect everything placed at their feet.

:clap: Well Done To You Too

And this is the second best post on here

This is what this country needs more people like Location and Monkey. Young people who are willing to get up before mid-day, who are willing to put the leg work in, who are willing to be pro-active in their job search (as opposed to waiting for their Parole Officer or Outreach Worker doing it for them) and then be willing to turn up day after day and do what is asked of them in return for a wage. There is no feeling like getting your first wage, you get a feeling of self respect and a respect for other people who go out and earn a honest wage.

some of you wont do that because you think your special but yor not life goes on without you and they will do a better job than you your sat here posting comments on sf same as me but i accept im too old to work give your job up to the next generation

School leavers lacking basic skills, bosses group says

By Hannah Richardson BBC News education reporter

Too many young people are leaving school without adequate basic skills, a survey of business leaders suggests.

More than four out of 10 are unhappy with youngsters' use of English, while 35% bemoan their numeracy skills.

The annual study of 566 UK employers for the Confederation of British Industry also heralds a shortage of high-skilled employees, particularly in maths and science.

The government said the CBI was right to raise concerns over basic skills.

The organisation's annual education and skills survey also suggests that many employers (44%) have had to invest in remedial training for school and college leavers.