I dare you to retire and give your job to a young person

Which you can only get at a certain age, not sure which people/ages the OP refers to (not read all of thread).

Ar- I was presuming they were referring to "proper" pensioners ie those that qualified for state pension -could be wrong tho'.

well how did you get the job are you that special that nobody else can do it

TAXI Baz, drives a taxi. My boss can't afford to put under 25's on the insurance policy.

At 16 I left school and worked in the mines/pits, for ten years.

I then spent 3 years gaining qualifications, plus bringing up a family, to back up the ones I'd attained at school :)

EDIT: qualifications at school, not family ;-) LOL

But finding work aged mid to late 20's in computing was difficult.

Hence I took the taxi driving job, and still doing it.

I can't afford to give up my job. I can't claim 'any' benefits.

Ten years of pit pension will be peanuts.

Edited by TaxiBaz

Speaking from a young persons point of view (24) you are talking absolute rubbish.

I know a chap who is at the top end of 70 and hasn't retired yet because 1) he can't afford to and 2) he wishes to provide a comfortable future for his loved ones. Why should he quit and suffer just so someone else can take his job I mean come on with all due respect that's just stupid.

There is jobs around if people want them the problem is these days people want a big choice and don't realise that isn't an option within the current economical climate.

I have done all sorts of crap, tedious, rubbish, boring jobs but I had to do them I didn't get the option to say NO because I need the money as I have living costs to pay for.

To me you should retire when you can afford it and when you are ready for it not because some shrivelled up old hag says you should.

If people want a job there is jobs out there people just need to realise the climate doesn't allow for you to be picky.

If he stopped working perhaps one of his loved ones (or some one else's loved ones would not need his handouts because they would be the one working.

I actually heard the other day on the bus an old lady saying she couldn't give up her cleaning job because she was helping her granddaugher out who hadn't got a job and what s a shame it was that there was nothing for the young uns' - the irony!

:clap:

Speaking from a young persons point of view (24) you are talking absolute rubbish.

I know a chap who is at the top end of 70 and hasn't retired yet because 1) he can't afford to and 2) he wishes to provide a comfortable future for his loved ones. Why should he quit and suffer just so someone else can take his job I mean come on with all due respect that's just stupid.

There is jobs around if people want them the problem is these days people want a big choice and don't realise that isn't an option within the current economical climate.

I have done all sorts of crap, tedious, rubbish, boring jobs but I had to do them I didn't get the option to say NO because I need the money as I have living costs to pay for.

To me you should retire when you can afford it and when you are ready for it not because some shrivelled up old hag says you should.

If people want a job there is jobs out there people just need to realise the climate doesn't allow for you to be picky.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::wave:Well said.

Well they would need his hand outs (as you put it) because they do work but he wishes to give them a comfortable future not just A future.

Say and think what you like but I will work till I am 100 if I need to do that to ensure my family has a nice comfortable life.

If he stopped working perhaps one of his loved ones (or some one else's loved ones would not need his handouts because they would be the one working.

I actually heard the other day on the bus an old lady saying she couldn't give up her cleaning job because she was helping her granddaugher out who hadn't got a job and what s a shame it was that there was nothing for the young uns' - the irony!

shut it young people at this moment in time have no chance of employment

Boo hoo. Waaaa I want a job handed to me on a plate. Waaaa I want a job without putting any effort into a looking. Waaaaa oh woe is me nobody is willing to employ me.

GROW UP.

Oooh look.... just a small selection of the potential jobs

http://www.reed.co.uk/location/yorkshire-and-humberside

http://www.mysheffieldjobs.co.uk/

http://www.bluearrow.co.uk/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.hays.co.uk/

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/listjob.aspx?sessionid=6c5b868b-3bf6-481a-8d2f-f369fad0da2f&pid=4&sid=392699400&p=1&so=1&rpp=20

Get of your arse and look for one. Potential employers want to see effort and drive not some whinging naggy moaning prat.

In the past few months my employer has recruited 10 new min wage trainees in both admin and legal. 2 of them are left. Some of the most ludicrous of the excuses from the walk outs and crybabies were "my mum cant bring me/pick me up any more..." "I dont like the 6.00 finish... Its not fair for someone my age" and the most hillarious "..I dont like speaking to people on the phone - i feel stupid".

if you WANT to work. You will find a job.

Do you think the young 'un will do the cleaning job ? I'll go out on a limb and say not.

Do you think the young 'un will do the cleaning job ? I'll go out on a limb and say not.

At this moment in time they don't have the option do they - because the old 'un is doing it.

At this moment in time they don't have the option do they - because the old 'un is doing it.

You surely aren't suggesting there are no cleaning jobs available ?

You surely aren't suggesting there are no cleaning jobs available ?

There are. Soon will need 50 years experience to be accepted to do one though.

Well said Location114. :) With that attitude you should do well. :)

There are. Soon will need 50 years experience to be accepted to do one though.

But now you get a cleaning job. Stop putting barriers up when none exist.