I dare you to retire and give your job to a young person

I am sorry Jenbear but the area I live in has plenty of young people who really don't want to work, unless you count selling drugs as retail experience on your cv.

They swagger around day in day out with their regulation savage looking dog and not much better girlfriend (usually pregnant) drinking cans of strong cider.

Work would spoil everything for them, when would they have time to ride the off road bikes up and down the pavement all day and night, hang out of car windows with music blaring at 100 decibels to sell drugs,

I feel sorry for the decent parents round here who try to do their best by their children only to let them out of the house to join these gangs.

cmon they cant all be like that

What a weird thread! As others have said, who is going to pay for these people to live then ?

The state pension perhaps ? (which is more than double the JSA for youngsters to live on).

You have no idea how old the people you are addressing in this thread are so how can you work out whether they have a pension that will pay out at 35/40/whatever age?

I've got a pension and it pays out when I'm 65, which is probably the same age as everybody else's pensions. How do people fund the extra years you want them to live without an income?

what about the people who have paid in and not drawn a pension are you now going to tell me its not that many ?

They banned the cane in 1980?

Start of a downturn in manners and respect?

Teachers started to lose power, kids didn't respect them.

Now the renogades of that era have kids with the same attidude.

Touch me, I'll sue you. Where's mi giro ?

Lot's of kids are leaving school now with next to no usefull education.

Anyone remember the three R's

Reading, writing, arithmetic.

People are retiring later rather than earlier, because their pensions aren't sufficient for them to live as they are accustomed.

Older people have a wealth of experience as they will have see so many different changes in their lives and add considerable value to any company.

In the shake-outs of maunufacturing industry that have occurred over the last 30 years or so, it has often been the older end that gets shown the door first, and with them go decades of knowledge and experience. The businesses have then to keep 'reinventing the wheel' so to speak, as the older hands haven't been around to steer them from the rocks!

retire give young people a chance of a job they need the money not you

I'll keep my job and enjoy the rewards it brings ,such as a very good income .

+ bonuses+company car +free life insurance + company expenses & so much more ....

They banned the cane in 1980?

Start of a downturn in manners and respect?

Teachers started to lose power, kids didn't respect them.

Now the renogades of that era have kids with the same attidude.

Touch me, I'll sue you. Where's mi giro ?

Lot's of kids are leaving school now with next to no usefull education.

Anyone remember the three R's

Reading, writing, arithmetic.

That's two R's and an A. :suspect:

Under 25's couldn't do my job with the firm I work for.

The boss wouldn't be able to afford the insurance.

well how did you get the job are you that special that nobody else can do it

That's two R's and an A. :suspect:

rithmetic :)

The state pension perhaps ? (which is more than double the JSA for youngsters to live on).

Which you can only get at a certain age, not sure which people/ages the OP refers to (not read all of thread).

People are retiring later rather than earlier, because their pensions aren't sufficient for them to live as they are accustomed.

Older people have a wealth of experience as they will have see so many different changes in their lives and add considerable value to any company.

In the shake-outs of maunufacturing industry that have occurred over the last 30 years or so, it has often been the older end that gets shown the door first, and with them go decades of knowledge and experience. The businesses have then to keep 'reinventing the wheel' so to speak, as the older hands haven't been around to steer them from the rocks!

Key words.

Speaking from a young persons point of view (24) you are talking absolute rubbish.

I know a chap who is at the top end of 70 and hasn't retired yet because 1) he can't afford to and 2) he wishes to provide a comfortable future for his loved ones. Why should he quit and suffer just so someone else can take his job I mean come on with all due respect that's just stupid.

There is jobs around if people want them the problem is these days people want a big choice and don't realise that isn't an option within the current economical climate.

I have done all sorts of crap, tedious, rubbish, boring jobs but I had to do them I didn't get the option to say NO because I need the money as I have living costs to pay for.

To me you should retire when you can afford it and when you are ready for it not because some shrivelled up old hag says you should.

If people want a job there is jobs out there people just need to realise the climate doesn't allow for you to be picky.