Bolts for washing machine drum needed please?

We are moving the week after next and have managed to lose the bolts that secure the washing machine drum in place whilst moving. It's a small (eg: caravan type size) Zanussi ZWC 1300W. We would be really grateful for any help in finding some. Many thanks.

Dill and Son at Wincobank are the official Zanussi agent locally, but I don't think they supply spare transit bolts, you could try them. If not take the top, back or both off, wedge the drum with an old blanket / towel to stop it moving about. Be careful not to catch any wires etc.

I'd try Apollo at woodseats they have just abut everything for washing machines and vacuume cleaners.

We are moving the week after next and have managed to lose the bolts that secure the washing machine drum in place whilst moving. It's a small (eg: caravan type size) Zanussi ZWC 1300W. We would be really grateful for any help in finding some. Many thanks.

If you can't get any then remove the top (usually two screws)and pack the space between the drum and the sides with loads of newspaper.

Some transit bolts just aren't designed to go back in, as they're there primarily to combat large shipping containers clunking into dock, not the slight wobbles a domestic house move inflicts :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the advice. We will try to wedge it with a towel and hope for the best hey! haha

I'd try Apollo at woodseats they have just abut everything for washing machines and vacuume cleaners.

I agree. Sometimes they even have slightly used parts at a good price!

Agree, i've moved 100's of washing machines and nobody bothers putting them back in (if it's transported upright it will be fine).

Some transit bolts just aren't designed to go back in, as they're there primarily to combat large shipping containers clunking into dock, not the slight wobbles a domestic house move inflicts :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the advice. We will try to wedge it with a towel and hope for the best hey! haha

Dont' forget to take it out afterwards, otherwise your washer may set on fire!