Anyone been in Riverdale Grange? Anxious Newbie

I just wondered if anyone had any experience or thoughts to share on Riverdale Grange Eating disorders unit as an inpatient?

I'm being admitted on Monday and extremely anxious about it.

I don't know what to expect, been to look around and its a lovely place but anyone with personal experience to share or reassurance would be much appreciated. I suffer with high levels of anxiety which are building the closer I get to Monday!!!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

A very nervous tweed.:help:

Hello,

Though I can't give you any advice about the centre, I thought I would wish you luck. I'm sure it will be fine. They will have dealt with similar situations many times before and I'm sure they will make your feel comfortable. Tell them you are worried, I am sure they will be more that happy to explain things to make you feel better. I get anxious when dealing with hospital and Dr's, I know it is totally unreasonable as they are there to help but can't help getting that fight or flight feeling! Once I am there it is fine :) Deep breaths and I find taking a book or something so if I am left I have something to try and focus on. I also take chewing gum as the anxiety can make me feel sick and chewing gum seems to help!

Hope you get the outcome you need. x

Edited by Evei

Thanks Evei,

Its my first day today and its extremely difficult. LOTS of tears, anxiety is through the roof and I'm missing my family like mad already. Hopefully I'll get used to it. I've been given a guide of 6-8 weeks which is better than I thought.

Thanks for the support xx

Thanks Evei,

Its my first day today and its extremely difficult. LOTS of tears, anxiety is through the roof and I'm missing my family like mad already. Hopefully I'll get used to it. I've been given a guide of 6-8 weeks which is better than I thought.

Thanks for the support xx

That is good news :) I'm sure once you get into a pattern things will start to get easier, it is the change that is always the hardest bit.

Someone once said to me that getting up early is only hard if it is not a habit, breaking habits is tough but once you get up early everyday you form a new habit and it becomes easy. (I wish it was that simple, but it is kind of true)

Hope today is a little easier for you x