Sign in to follow this  

Manor - Fretson Green. Good or Bad??

My partner and i are looking to buy a house, and have been considering the Manor, but i'd really appreciate some feedback from people who already live there - not just people who've heard rumours!

Has anyone recently bought a house on or near the Manor - what street are you in and what do you think of it?

Despite its reputation what do people think of this area? at the moment, we live near Park Hill, and have not had any trouble.

Excellent! Don't let anyone put you off coming up here. I live near the Manor Park centre shops and it's great! Fretson is ok too... not too far away from here... near all local shops and buses. You'll be fine!!

Prepare yourself for all the negative people posting here!!

Chloé

I visit the Vikinglea Estate on the Manor semi-regularly and apart from witnessing a friend have her car half-inched from right outside her work, I've never seen any trouble.

I live on the Arbourthorne, but was born and brought up on the Manor. Its not half as bad as people (usually people whove never even been near the place) make out.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. We've seen a house we like on Fretson Green, have been there a couple of times and the area seems quiet. I think we'l put in an offer, as we like the place.

Whats the social club like - is it a pub where anyone can go, or do you have to know people before you can get an invite?

Just wanting to kow what sort of trouble we could expect - ie. buglaries or are there gangs of kids about?

I was born and bred on the Manor Estate and I thought it was a great place to live. It seems that all the street names have been changed to make it sound like a Paradise, I surmise that Fretson Green was once Fretson Road, you can change the names every month but it will still be the Manor.

Its not the Estate that is bad its just a very small number of idiots that give it a bad name. My advice is -- dont take any advice use your own judgement-- as the old adage says "one mans meat etc"