I need to stop fostering

I've been diagnosed with lymphoedema, which is a predictable result of the treatment that I've received over the years for the tumours that I've had variously removed and treated with chemotherapy and radiotherapy but unfortunately one of the knock on problems of lymphoedema is that I can no longer risk being scratched or bitten so I have regretfully taken the decision to not foster cats and kittens in the future.

I'm trying to find other ways that I can assist the rescues that I give some time to, but please don't ask me to take abandoned or orphaned kittens as it will break my heart to have to refuse.

Broken hearted,

medusa

What an awful decision to have to make, I really do feel for you Medusa, you have helped so many cats and Motherless kittens, and you have done so much fantastic work... I know that you will find different ways to help now that are perhaps a little less hands on but none the less will do just as much good :)

Oh Medusa what an awfully hard decision for you to make, but you must do what is right for you and there will be other ways you can help with rescue kitties hun. Just think of the ones you have managed to foster and help in such a great way already. xx

Feel for you.

Can't have been easy to accept, knowing how much you have done in the past for cats/kittens. Remember those you have helped - your health has to come first.

Meds you must be so upset-but do not beat yourself up, imagine how many kittens wouldn't have had such a fighting chance of a good life without you. You've done SO much, and even though I'm not around anywhere near like as much as I used to be, I still know that everyone on here thinks you are fab. Hugs xx

Oh Medusa that's horrible, not just because you can't foster any more, but Lymphodema sounds pretty unpleasant as well.

So sorry

Sorry to hear your news Medusa.

I think you have done your fair share of kitten and cat fostering over the years and that is a great achievement :) I'm sure you can use all your knowledge to help others who are fostering and that would be great support for them.

xx

oh Medusa im so sorry to hear you have had to make such a hard decision but your health must come first.

At least you know you have done so much good for the cats and kittens you have looked after.

hope your ok hun,sending hugs xxx

Oh dear Medusa, so sorry to hear about your health, and you must be doubly upset I know how precious the little cats and kittens you fostered were to you.

They all have a lot to be thankful to you, I know you wont stop caring, you will find another way

Medusa :(

At least you have done plenty for the cats/kittens you have looked after. No-one can ever take that away.

Sorry to hear that you have lymphoedema. I've not been a member of the forum for long but everyone knows how dedicated you have been to cats in South Yorkshire and you have helped so many of us on here too with your support and advice, which I am sure you will continue to do as I think you've taught us all something :)

I'm sure there are still loads of ways you can help the rescues and I'd love to hear what help and support they need because it will inspire some of us to do something we didn't know they needed help with.