Advice/help possible website

hi all, my girlfriends grandad is a keen photographer and has gome good shots of round sheffield, wondered if it would e possible to get some sort of website/sharing facility up and running

Most people use flickr for sharing photos, which is free. And very easy to use.

I've never used coppermine myself, but if MozaLan is willing to talk you through the basics of it once it's installed and I could host it for you (on a proper server located in Telecity, London). As long as it's a relatively small, fairly low bandwidth site I'd be happy to host it for £30 a year (including set up charges).

That price doesn't include the domain name (which you can buy yourself or I can get for, which I'm happy to do at cost price). They're fairly cheap, a [somethinghere].co.uk type domian name is usually about £3-4 per year (although you usually have to commit to 2+ years to get them at the cheaper end of the scale).

hosting is cheap these days £2-£3 per month As Mozalan says Most hosting package come free open source script, such as Coppermine, TinyWebGallery, pixelpost and many more just install one and you are ready to go.