Delays in city centre - Accident involving bus - 19/07/12

Anyone know what's happening round town. Several cars whizzing down arundal gate towards the moor from castle square

bus stopped on road outside moor. road all taped off. blood on ground. 4 cop cars + 2 bikes + paramedic car.

lets hope it's not as bad as it looks.

I've just come past there on the bus. Top of the Moor is cordened off by police. Several ambulances also in attendance. Appears to have involved a bus. Expect traffic jams around there for while until it gets sorted.

traffic is moving incredibly slowly around the Furnival gate area, backing up beyond, across the city centre.#

The Redgates side (Sunwin house) of Furnival Gate is closed off after what looks like an RTC with a bus, between the Arundel Gate roundabout and Debenhams. (I hope no-one is hurt!)

Avoid the area if you possibly can!

Ambulance with the victim had gone by the time you posted this - unfortunately it didn't seem to be in any rush, which is either very good, or very bad - I fear the latter given the blood on the ground :(

Our office looks right out on to it, but we didn't hear a thing, was only when I got up to go home that I noticed something was going on.

Furnival Gate shut from Eyre St to Charter Row (ie from Redgates /Debenhams) buses which normaly use this route are going onto eyre street (pastnew fire station)

Got off my bus from NGH in town and decided to walk home (nether edge) rather than wait for 22, but it still beat me by a minute or so!

So I think it's clearing now, in fact that was half an hour ago (in town) so things probably moving quickly now.

Hope everyone concerned is ok.

Man hit by bus has life threatening injuries...........http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/man-hit-by-bus-in-sheffield-city-centre-has-life-threatening-injuries-1-4756873

must have been an awful accident, i wouldn't look as i walked past, but other people looked completely ashen faced....

Hope he is ok , the problem is of course that there are no escape routes at one time buses would have been send past the salvation army place and cole brothers that would have got all the traffic out f the way.

Any new on this man's condition?

How terrible. I'm on furnival gate and didn't see the accident but I thought it must have involved a pedestrian with it been cordened off. Was sat in the traffic going down past the accident and over heard the police reiterating what had happened. The pedestrian apparantly lost his footing and skittled into the path of the oncoming bus.

Must be aweful for the driver as well.... mentally scarring.