Why is it, when I cook it's enough to feed the 5000? Is it a man thing?

Perhaps you could flog it to the Council for pot-hole repairing? :)

Is that something akin to 'pavement pizzas'? :gag:

I learnt to cook in the forces and still have a NAAFI cookbook.You have to dilute the proportions which can be hazardous.For beefburgers

one side of beef

12lb onions

loaf for binding(breadcrumbs)

4oz pepper

tablespoon salt

etc.

I learnt to cook in the forces and still have a NAAFI cookbook.You have to dilute the proportions which can be hazardous.For beefburgers

one side of beef

12lb onions

loaf for binding(breadcrumbs)

4oz pepper

tablespoon salt

etc.

That's the bit I have trouble with! :hihi::hihi:

Do you want the recipe? But you'll have to ignore the quantities! :hihi:

I was wondering about the quantities, did you make a curry that was supposed to serve 4, or did you just use more than you were supposed/needed to?

I was wondering about the quantities, did you make a curry that was supposed to serve 4, or did you just use more than you were supposed/needed to?

No it wasn't supposed to be for any particular number of people. I started off with some diced beef. Probably about a pound in weight. (Which I know is more than I needed, but wasn't going to be used for anything else, and had previously been frozen, so not practical or safe to re-freeze). Then peeled some onions, cos I like plenty of those. A whole bulb (if that's how it's refered) of fennel. No point in putting just some of it in. All of it, or just waste it. Some carrots, swede, peas (from a frozen mixed veg bag). The various spices, like garlic and ginger and a few other bits and bobs...and before I knew where I was, there was a whole large crock pot full of the stuff for the slow cooker.

The problem is, I like allsorts in it, but putting piddling quantities in there means a lot will be wasted.

Yes I know it's the wrong way to tackle it, but I'm no Gordon Ramsey (although my language can easily out-colour his on occasions) :hihi:

That makes sense, given what you were cooking it was a choice between cooking too much, or throwing stuff away.

So I guess you have to plan to eat such a meal for several days, or freeze it.

Any "Good" holiday left overs I take them to my local fire house around the corner from me, those guys will eat anything, even my cooking.

Any "Good" holiday left overs I take them to my local fire house around the corner from me, those guys will eat anything, even my cooking.

I suspect you have other motives my dear!...As they probably have in greeting you and eating 'anything' :hihi::hihi::hihi::suspect:

That makes sense, given what you were cooking it was a choice between cooking too much, or throwing stuff away.

So I guess you have to plan to eat such a meal for several days, or freeze it.

Yep that makes sense I supose...Fancy a curry? :hihi: