Why is it, when I cook it's enough to feed the 5000? Is it a man thing?

I always make more than I need and put any leftovers in the freezer for lunches through the week.

Ah... but presumably, that's by design? I could claim that too, but no, it's just that I cook too much! Eyes bigger than my belly perhaps (although that's stretching a point for me)?

No it's deffo not just a man thing cause whenever I cook there's never enough:(

Someone ought to have a word with those birds eye ready meal people, those roast beef platters are fine but I need about 4.:mad:

Someone ought to have a word with those birds eye ready meal people, those roast beef platters are fine but I need about 4.:mad:

That's a ready made thing. They deliberately make it bird size proportions, just so that you've have another, and another, and another!!! :hihi:

I hate trying to measure out spaghetti,i always do wat too much.I have mastered rice,half a normal sized mug per person.

Heating up a ready meal is not cooking.

Whenever I seem to cook, I seem to make enough food, perhaps not enough to feed the 5000, but I certainly overdo it.

I made a delicious curry last night. It was perfection (for me), but now there's enough left for me to have for both lunch and evening dinner, probably for the next 3 days! (not that I'm going to, so some of it will end up being bin fodder I expect!)

Is it me who's just a blithering idiot or is it a 'man thing'.

(no it won't fit in my freezer ;))

Walk us through how you made this curry, presumably you started with a portion of meat, some veg, etc... At a guess each of these portions was too large...

Sometimes I cook a lot, but that might be because I'd rather use the whole pack of mince than try to split it, but it shouldn't really come as a surprise when it's cooked that there is a lot of food.

Its not a man thing i do it too, unless i want to cook for alot of people and then its not enough lol

I cook too much!

If i follow a recipe,i double up.

I buy a big bag of spuds,then peel the lot,cook em,cool em,and fridge em.

Saves buggering about throughout the week.

I always cook too much as well, especially pasta and rice I just can't seem to get it right.

Never mind the dogs enjoy it afterwards :rolleyes:

Whenever I seem to cook, I seem to make enough food, perhaps not enough to feed the 5000, but I certainly overdo it.

I made a delicious curry last night. It was perfection (for me), but now there's enough left for me to have for both lunch and evening dinner, probably for the next 3 days! (not that I'm going to, so some of it will end up being bin fodder I expect!)

Is it me who's just a blithering idiot or is it a 'man thing'.

(no it won't fit in my freezer ;))

Perhaps you could flog it to the Council for pot-hole repairing? :)

I always end up cooking too much for just one person :(

My mum says freeze whats left, but if I put it in the freezer it will stay there forever!

Walk us through how you made this curry, presumably you started with a portion of meat, some veg, etc... At a guess each of these portions was too large...

Sometimes I cook a lot, but that might be because I'd rather use the whole pack of mince than try to split it, but it shouldn't really come as a surprise when it's cooked that there is a lot of food.

Do you want the recipe? But you'll have to ignore the quantities! :hihi: