How can we get rid of build up of red in my daughters hair?

Hi there my daughter has had many red hair dyes on her hair and we are wanting to get rid of them and take it back natural as its too high maintinance as the red fades all the time ... any1 got any sugestions on what we can use please ???

Why have you posted this in Sheffield Discussions? Needs to be in General Discussions.

Anyway, a quick google search will give you your answer.

I used this product a few months ago and i would highly recommend it

Has your hair received multiple colour applications and become dark and flat? Or if you have applied a dark brown, red or black shade (you just don’t want) then Colour B4 Extra Strength can help. Colour B4 Extra Strength hair colour remover is the safest and most effective way to remove an undesirable hair colour.

â– Colour B4 shrinks the artificial dye molecules in the hair, enabling you to simply wash them away.

■What’s more Colour B4 does not touch your natural hair pigment so you are left with the colour which lay beneath your artificial shade

â– Colour B4 takes you back to your lightest shade.

â– It will return your hair to its natural colour if the artificial hair colour applied is darker than your natural level.

From Boots :)

Colour B4 has very mixed reviews. Some people (such as Pug206) find that it works really well. Other people, such as my sister, found that it was no help at all!!

Pug206, what colour was your hair before you used Colour B4?

Colour B4 has very mixed reviews. Some people (such as Pug206) find that it works really well. Other people, such as my sister, found that it was no help at all!!

Pug206, what colour was your hair before you used Colour B4?

It was very dark black, i had been dying it black for years and wanted to be a brunette again. No matter how many brown dyes i put on nothing would cover up the black. I used the colour B4 and it took my hair to a darkish brown then i tryed again with the light brown dyes and i'm just about there now. :)

This should work quite well.

jb

Erm.

See the first reply.

Then stop copying other peoples joke:P

It was very dark black, i had been dying it black for years and wanted to be a brunette again. No matter how many brown dyes i put on nothing would cover up the black. I used the colour B4 and it took my hair to a darkish brown then i tryed again with the light brown dyes and i'm just about there now. :)

I'm glad it worked for you! My sister had naturally ginger hair. Not the bright ginger, but more like what poeple might call strawberry blonde. She hated it so started dying it black. When she decided to go back to her natural colour, she tried the Colour B4 and all it did was make a few lighter patches, the rest was still totally black. She tried a few things but nothing worked so eventually she had to spend 8 hours in a salon having it stripped out! She's now back to her natural colour and it suits her much more than it did when it was black!

i got black stripped out of my hair at the hairdressers. they put this stuff that stank of ammonia but it took the black out.

as i have dyed my hair every colour under the sun it went a nice red/ginger/brown colour which i liked so i kept it like that.

but if you strip it you might have to dye it the colour you want afterwards.

i have bright red hair and manage to keep it red by using loads of treseme colour conditioner everytime i wash it. my hair dye lasts a good 6/8 weeks.

I have just used Colour B4, its much cheaper in Wilkinson's that Boots or super drug.

It has taken 25 years of colour out of my hair that went black even after putting a light brown on.

I have left it the shade colour B4 sent it ( cant see the grey re-growth as much)

now and will colour in a month or so.

Be warned, if you do colour after this treatment, your hair grabs the colour so you might need to put on a couple of shades lighter than you want.

. Wrap your hair in cling film to keep the heat in and keep out of drafts; Oh at it smells really really bad when on. xx

Just wash your hair with vosene for a while its much cheaper and wont damage your hair or scalp.