What's ASDA Chaucer like ?

Yes there is a cafe and it sells clothing

A cafe which sells clothing-how novel:hihi:

I can't say it's my store of choice, I like Morrisons at Cortonwood, but whenever I have been to Asda at Parson Cross I can't say I've had any of the issues mentioned above.

I'm guessing the person with all the issues has something personal against Asda....Would anybody seriously keep going back to the same place if they hated it so much?

Regards

Doom

Last week my wife called in to buy some cooking apples and the slack-jawed inbred that was working in the fresh produce section offered her some Granny Smiths!

When my other half pointed out that Granny Smiths are not cooking apples, she was greeted with a mumbled “S’all we got.”

A couple of months ago I asked the pimply youth with the misspelt tattoo on the fresh fish counter if they had any monkfish,

From the vacant expression upon his visage, I can only assume that he considered monkfish to be as exotic as unicorn fillet.

Oh c'mon.............they are damned if they do and they are damned if they don't. At least these young people are prepared to get out of bed in a morning and work for a living.

They have to learn somewhere and the best place to do that is actually on the shop floor.

Personally I would have taken a little bit of time to explain the difference between a Bramley apple and a Granny Smith's.

I've used this branch myself a couple of times and I've found the fresh produce aisle's to be a bit understocked. Same with the bread etc............limited choice. That could be because we visited later, on Saturday afternoons.

I must admit that the branch we normally use is at Barnsley and that one is allways well stocked and very busy, but it is also a much bigger store and the only one around for miles.

As for kids .............. yes there are kids riding their bikes and skateboards etc, but what do you expect? They have the run of a nice smooth tarmac surface (and also the area at the bottom of the escalators) where they can play to their hearts content without getting wet. Bear in mind that this store is in the middle of the biggest council estate (somebody will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong here) in Sheffield so it's bound to be an attraction to the local kids.

Personally I've never been bothered by them but thats not to say that others haven't. There was a fair bit of foul language coming out of "babies" mouths on one visit, but I'd reached the top of the travelator before the first punch was thrown. :hihi:

People in nightclothes? I can't say I've taken much notice, but then again, when I look at some of the "day clothes" that some people wear then I think they might look better in their jim-jams. :P

As for the staff..............spot on. Friendly and helpful on each visit that we've made.

Would we use this store on a regular basis? No. Thats probably more because we have to choose where we want to shop because the only supermarket we have local to us is the co-op and I'm afraid that a weekly shop isn't possible there.

We have Tesco at Penistone as close to us as Asda at Parson cross (or chapeltown) is, but both of these stores are what I call smaller branches.

We shop on the weekend and we choose between Morrisons at Cortonwood because there are other stores there as well. Tesco at Stairfoot...........again there are other shops there and also an Aldi on the way..............or Asda in Barnsley where we can make use of the market along with cheap parking in the town centre.

ASDA Chaucer is cheaper than Co-Op and

it has a Stay Dry Car Park.

As has been said countless times before about this Asda, there is NO difference between this store and any of the other large supermarkets.

The people who complain about bad service, chavs and everything else, have usually visited just the once as they were passing through on their way home to their châteaus. Harrods had probably failed to deliver their Beluga Caviar and they were horrified to find it not stocked at this Asda and so thought best to come on here and knock it.

We all know that the trolls come out whenever Parson Cross is mentioned and I hate feeding them but I'm making an exception just this once :rolleyes:

We all know that the trolls come out whenever Parson Cross

is mentioned and I hate feeding them but I'm making an

exception just this once.

I heard that Parson Cross is due to undergo a massive new house

building program - one reason that ASDA chose to invest in the area.

Maybe Parson Cross will become the Dore & Totley of North Sheffield -

and a great opportunity for single mothers and overseas guests to

have some decent free housing for a change.

Whatever the outcome - they will all enjoy ASDA Chaucer and

the Stay Dry Car Park.

I doubt the poster has ever been to the store Pete...............

What part of "Last week my wife called in to buy some cooking apples and the slack-jawed inbred that was working in the fresh produce section offered her some Granny Smiths!

When my other half pointed out that Granny Smiths are not cooking apples, she was greeted with a mumbled “S’all we got.”

A couple of months ago I asked the pimply youth with the misspelt tattoo on the fresh fish counter if they had any monkfish,

From the vacant expression upon his visage, I can only assume that he considered monkfish to be as exotic as unicorn fillet." don't you understand?

What part of "Last week my wife called in to buy some cooking apples and the slack-jawed inbred that was working in the fresh produce section offered her some Granny Smiths!

From the vacant expression upon his visage, I can only assume that he considered monkfish to be as exotic as unicorn fillet." don't you understand?

Hi Fred, I'm actually astounded that of all the posters on this thread, you seem to be the solitary voice screaming that the customer service is worse than P###-Poor!

Everyone else say's although there might be one or two 'issues' elsewhere, the customer service is beyond reproach.

Did they single you out for special treatment? Or are you the sort of customer that's never going to be pleased no matter what?

Your 'rant' is very poetic and descriptive, and I've got to give you credit for that. But my advice to you would be, if you're so incensed with the shop, very simply don't go there! Not even in an emergency!

You can leave the rest of us plebs who are obviously satisfied by appaling service, no choice and heaven forbid, a lack of cooking apples! to wallow in our false sense of satisfaction!

DEEP BREATH...RANT OVER! :rant:

Hi Fred, I'm actually astounded that of all the posters on this thread, you seem to be the solitary voice screaming that the customer service is worse than P###-Poor!

Everyone else say's although there might be one or two 'issues' elsewhere, the customer service is beyond reproach.

Did they single you out for special treatment? Or are you the sort of customer that's never going to be pleased no matter what?

Your 'rant' is very poetic and descriptive, and I've got to give you credit for that. But my advice to you would be, if you're so incensed with the shop, very simply don't go there! Not even in an emergency!

You can leave the rest of us plebs who are obviously satisfied by appaling service, no choice and heaven forbid, a lack of cooking apples! to wallow in our false sense of satisfaction!

DEEP BREATH...RANT OVER! :rant:

Well said!!

Maybe I just expect higher standards........................

Maybe I just expect higher standards........................

Or everyone else accepts lower ones!????

I bet I could could tour any supermarket of any persuassion and find at least half a dozen spotty little irks.

If your wife couldn't see any cooking apples on display, then they wouldn't have any. Presumably she's not sight impaired. So why ask? Do you think they would keep some out-back especially for someone that might ask? If they don't stock them, them how would the lad know what they look like? Not everybody can know everything. Some people have to learn!

Or everyone else accepts lower ones!????

That is probably so. Maybe that's why my business is one of the few in it's sector that is growing in the current financial climate?