What's ASDA Chaucer like ?

The place is dire.

There are hordes of feral children riding scruffy BMX bikes around in the lower foyer, while several of G4S’s finest do their best to herd the little herberts back to their own turf.

These little charmers are bad enough, but one has already had to survive the Stella inspired “driving” of their parents with their selection of untaxed snotters whilst trying to safely navigate the obviously baffling roundabout system to gain entry to this epicurean emporium.

If you get there any time after midday, the selection of fresh food that remains is appalling.

Last week my wife called in to buy some cooking apples and the slack-jawed inbred that was working in the fresh produce section offered her some Granny Smiths!

When my other half pointed out that Granny Smiths are not cooking apples, she was greeted with a mumbled “S’all we got.”

A couple of months ago I asked the pimply youth with the misspelt tattoo on the fresh fish counter if they had any monkfish,

From the vacant expression upon his visage, I can only assume that he considered monkfish to be as exotic as unicorn fillet.

To be fair to both of these Muppets, they are better than the bulk of the staff, most of who seem rather happier having conversations and arranging illicit liaisons amongst themselves, rather than serving the paying customers.

We now only use this hell hole in extremis, preferring the Morrison’s in Ecclesfield.

The place is dire.

There are hordes of feral children riding scruffy BMX bikes around in the lower foyer, while several of G4S’s finest do their best to herd the little herberts back to their own turf.

These little charmers are bad enough, but one has already had to survive the Stella inspired “driving” of their parents with their selection of untaxed snotters whilst trying to safely navigate the obviously baffling roundabout system to gain entry to this epicurean emporium.

If you get there any time after midday, the selection of fresh food that remains is appalling.

Last week my wife called in to buy some cooking apples and the slack-jawed inbred that was working in the fresh produce section offered her some Granny Smiths!

When my other half pointed out that Granny Smiths are not cooking apples, she was greeted with a mumbled “S’all we got.”

A couple of months ago I asked the pimply youth with the misspelt tattoo on the fresh fish counter if they had any monkfish,

From the vacant expression upon his visage, I can only assume that he considered monkfish to be as exotic as unicorn fillet.

To be fair to both of these Muppets, they are better than the bulk of the staff, most of who seem rather happier having conversations and arranging illicit liaisons amongst themselves, rather than serving the paying customers.

We now only use this hell hole in extremis, preferring the Morrison’s in Ecclesfield.

I take it you don't like the place then? Just a sneaking suspicion mind! :huh::roll:

I have used this Asda loads of times, never a bad experience, all of the staff that I have ever spoken to were friendly, polite and couldn't do enough to help.

I have used this Asda loads of times, never a bad experience, all of the staff that I have ever spoken to were friendly, polite and couldn't do enough to help.
I would second that but I live in the area and not a outsider who think were all inbred thieving scum.

I would second that but I live in the area and not a outsider who think were all inbred thieving scum.

Well I come from another town but I don't find people to be like that at all, its like everywhere else, there are nice and not so nice people, same as on here :D

A question to all those that have had a moan and groan about shopping there.

Why do you continue to shop there if its so bad?

A question to all those that have had a moan and groan about shopping there.

Why do you continue to shop there if its so bad?

I dont, I goto Morrisons instead.

The worst thing about the Chavsda was definitely the clientèle!!

I would agree with this.

I dont, I goto Morrisons instead.

The worst thing about the Chavsda was definitely the clientèle!!

Am i missing something here? I don't really go to supermarkets and watch other people and make opinions of them, i go to get food.

I've been a few times, and it fulfills my needs, in that, i can park get to it and park easily, the 'covered' car park means you dont get rained on!, and it has all the food any other Asda has.

Never really used the customer service to any other extent than paying, which is unsurprisingly the same as anywhere else.

As for the self-service checkouts, the issues with those are more than just specific to one branch of one supermarket.

As for the self-service checkouts, the issues with those are

more than just specific to one branch of one supermarket.

The self serve check-outs at Tesco Infirmary are a nightmare - the

ones at ASDA Chaucer appeared to be working very well.

. . . and the Stay Dry Car Park is pretty fantastic.

I take it you don't like the place then? Just a sneaking suspicion mind! :huh::roll:

I doubt the poster has ever been to the store Pete. Like you and a few others I find ASDA at Chaucher fine.

I've no complaints, there is good and bad everywhere. The staff are absolutely fab though......I must stress that I do NOT know any of the staff personally!!!!