What's ASDA Chaucer like ?

I've been at different times of different days, and I must have been lucky. No kids hanging about, no escalators turned off, excellent customer service, plenty of underground parking, and plenty of the smaller sized trolleys, unlike Morrisons where I often have to hunt around for one. I agree that some shoppers could dress more appropriately, :roll: but it's the same in the other supermarkets round here.

Well if that's your personal experience, then I can't refute it. But my experience is different, as you can see. I suppose a lot depends on what time of day you go there.

But I have to say, the customer service is by a long country mile the best I've ever come across in a supermarket.

I agree with that, the customer service is fantastic.

I have been a few times to sum up my experiances.

1, Chavs, they run wild in this place

2, Shopping selection is very poor, fine if you like frozen ready meals

3, fresh produce is rarely fresh ( I assume it has something to do with the fact most of the shoppers prefer to buy frozen ready meals with their giros).

4, The self service tills, I prefer to use them and know how to, this is not the case for the majority - if you do not know how to use them, please stick to the manned tills.

Bonjon I have a suggestion for you if you hate the place so much....don't go there....simple!

I go almost every day and find it a very pleasant experience with friendly staff and a clean well stocked store. I have not been accosted by 'chavs' or 'feral kids' any more than at any other supermarket and any problems are dealt with promptly and efficiently by the staff.

3, fresh produce is rarely fresh ( I assume it has something to do with the fact most of the shoppers prefer to buy frozen ready meals with their giros).

4, The self service tills, I prefer to use them and know how to, this is not the case for the majority - if you do not know how to use them, please stick to the manned tills.

Wouldn't say "chavs run wild" .. there is some underdressed people in there yes but this isn't situated in the posh south end of Sheffield.. I go in there most days as I pass it on the way to work. Never had any issues with "kids" turning escalators off.... the only problem I have seen with the escalators is they occasionally reverse the direction, which has caught a few people out.

All the food I have got from there has always been spot on including freshly made pizzas, again as stated earlier with excellent customer service.

Have to agree on the self service tills though, too many people use them and take longer because they haven't got a clue.

Overall I prefer this ASDA to the one at Chapeltown, but it isn't as good as the one at Handsworth

Each to their own I guess. As I said, I go there regularly, and I'm not sure what 'chavs running wild' actually means. But hey ho. There's chavs wherever you go.

Personally I really hate the self service tills. I do incidentally know how to use them, but choose not to. I'd rather have a real life, living person, who greets me pleasantly, asks if I need help packing, and is generally helpful in any way they can.

After travelling up to Huddersfield with the wife to look at a car a couple of months back we entered Sheffield from the north end and as we were more or less driving past we decided to do some shopping at this place and didn't really have any major problems apart from parents letting infants push the trolley which happened to click the back of my heel but this is simply down to bad parenting if you ask me and happens anywhere not particularly Asda Chaucer, apart from that it was fine.

As mentioned, credit to the staff who seem to be happy in their jobs, extremely helpful and friendly. A few supermarkets around Sheffield could follow suit with the service this places offers, it's spot on.

You do get the impression that any excuse some people can have for slagging off Parson Cross and anything related to the area they leap on it with great gusto.

I've been once and found the customer service to be very good (walking you to a product you can't find rather than just pointing in the general direction and grunting like in some other supermarkets). The clientèle is what you would expect from the area.

You do get the impression that any excuse some people can have for slagging off Parson Cross and anything related to the area they leap on it with great gusto.

Seems that way!...Morning BTW :hihi:

What's ASDA Chaucer like ?

Someone told me that you can stay dry if you

go by car in the rain - how's that work ?

Are there lots of stairs ?

Is there a cafe ?

Do they sell clothing ?

Thanks for your comments.

Well we've just been and it was a good experience.

It was pouring with rain and we did stay dry - I hate shopping

whilst dripping wet or messing with a brolly.

It was quite busy but there were no delays - One girl was holding a

pointer towards the quickest till - she was very polite. Then we saw

the self service tills and we prefer them - they appeared to be working well.

Some of their "smart price" products seem to be very good value - it remains to

be seen if their quality is up to standard.

The Staff are obviously well trained and are a credit to their company.

Certainly a good experience and certainly worth another visit.

Thanks for your comments.

Well we've just been and it was a good experience.

It was pouring with rain and we did stay dry - I hate shopping

whilst dripping wet or messing with a brolly.

It was quite busy but there were no delays - One girl was holding a

pointer towards the quickest till - she was very polite. Then we saw

the self service tills and we prefer them - they appeared to be working well.

Some of their "smart price" products seem to be very good value - it remains to

be seen if their quality is up to standard.

The Staff are obviously well trained and are a credit to their company.

Certainly a good experience and certainly worth another visit.

There ya go! In the inimitable words of Basil Fawlty "A satisfied customer...we should have him stuffed" :hihi: (joking)