What's ASDA Chaucer like ?

Someone told me that you can stay dry if you

go by car in the rain - how's that work ?

Are there lots of stairs ?

Is there a cafe ?

Do they sell clothing ?

The car park is underground.

underground car park then escalator ramps to get up stairs normally surrounded by feral children stopping them every two minutes

Someone told me that you can stay dry if you

go by car in the rain - how's that work ?

Are there lots of stairs ?

Is there a cafe ?

Do they sell clothing ?

Yes you can stay dry if you go by car. The car park itself is actually at ground level. Not underground. The store itself is directly above the car park. Access to the store is up a travelator, or there's a lift.

Yes there is a cafe, and they do sell clothes. As a regular there, I find the place fine, and the staff are trained very well, and are sometimes 'over-polite' and helpful, but in my boook that's a better than being a miserable bunch!

Don't listen to all the waffle about chavs and ferral kids. There's no more there than I've seen elsewhere in supermarkets!

Yes there is a cafe and it sells clothing

Its known as the 'Chavsda' for a reason.

Don't listen to all the waffle about chavs and ferral kids. There's no more there than I've seen elsewhere in supermarkets!

hardly "waffle" as you put it - the place is filled with feral kids turning off the ramps, ive seen it and ive told them off for doing it. then you have kids inside with parents bare foot and in pyjamas. its such a classy place :hihi:

Its known as the 'Chavsda' for a reason.

hardly "waffle" as you put it - the place is filled with feral kids turning off the ramps, ive seen it and ive told them off for doing it. then you have kids inside with parents bare foot and in pyjamas. its such a classy place :hihi:

Do you shop there Bonjon?

All I know is that I go there most days, and I've never seen the travelators switched off by kids. In fact I've only seen it turned off once, when some poor womans overflowing shopping fell out of her trolley on the way down, and someone stopped it to assist her.

Oh, and I don't ever remember going over there in my pj's either.

I would prefer to goto Asda at Chaucer than Morrisons at Ecclesfield any day. I would rather travel that bit further for better customer service

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

All I know is that I go there most days, and I've never seen the travelators switched off by kids. In fact I've only seen it turned off once, when some poor womans overflowing shopping fell out of her trolley on the way down, and someone stopped it to assist her.

Oh, and I don't ever remember going over there in my pj's either.

Ive seen it happen several times, once even by someone with a baby - she was around 15/16 turned it off and an old couple couldnt move the trolley off she found it very funny, i told it wasnt big or cleaver only to be told " dont tell me what to do im a mum i can do that i want" along with some chosen swear words chucked in - all i had to say on that matter was poor baby.

As for the pyjamas ive seen this twice it was around 11.30pm but still no excuse.

Thanks for all your comments - very helpful.

It seems to be worth a try.

Ive seen it happen several times, once even by someone with a baby - she was around 15/16 turned it off and an old couple couldnt move the trolley off she found it very funny, i told it wasnt big or cleaver only to be told " dont tell me what to do im a mum i can do that i want" along with some chosen swear words chucked in - all i had to say on that matter was poor baby.

As for the pyjamas ive seen this twice it was around 11.30pm but still no excuse.

Well if that's your personal experience, then I can't refute it. But my experience is different, as you can see. I suppose a lot depends on what time of day you go there.

But I have to say, the customer service is by a long country mile the best I've ever come across in a supermarket.