Shirecliffe Secondary School

Is there anyone out there that went to Shirecliffe School between 1955 to 1958 ? I hope you have all learned how to read & write by now, but I'm not too sure about some, Ha Ha.

Trevor Powell.

Hi Skippy, I went to Shirecliffe school before your time- from 1942 to 1948 (I think). I've mentioned Shirecliffe SS before but no replies. I moved on from there to Shiregreen. Best of luck.

What road did you live on?

nanrobbo, I lived on Boynton Rd which runs from Herries Rd to Longley Ave West. 2 streets back from the good old Forum Cinema.

My brother and a mate took some photo's of the place for me, the council have demolished a lot of the houses on my old street for some reason.

Have you ever been back ? you can get me on my email if you like.

Sent you a PM- don't want to get into bother with the Mods;)

Hi Skippy,

Greetings from Sheffield, I went to Shirecliffe 1954 to 1958.

The name is Joe Hill, I lived at that time on Southey Hall Road.

My first class was 1b with Mr Herman Green. After that for three years I was in the prefabs.

Do you remember him or Mr Molineaux, Mr Siddall ( the Head), Mr Staveley (Woodwork) & Mr Alltoss ( Metalwork).

Do you remember Mr Molineaux playing the piano with his nose at the christmas concert.

Most of my relatives & the wife's have attended this school at different times, even my son ended up in the same classroom I statrted out in, ironic !!

Hope the weathers better than here - drizzly rain - please send a bit of sun!

Regards Joe.

Originally posted by skippy

nanrobbo, I lived on Boynton Rd which runs from Herries Rd to Longley Ave West. 2 streets back from the good old Forum Cinema.

My brother and a mate took some photo's of the place for me, the council have demolished a lot of the houses on my old street for some reason.

Have you ever been back ? you can get me on my email if you like.

Skippy, the houses on Boynton Road have not been demolished but improved by having new walls built with neat wrote iron fencining around it.

All the privvy edges have been removed and some have had drive ways or car stands put in the front gardens and all have been pebbledashed.

The house round the corner on Shirecliffe Rd however is different, they or some have been demolished along with many in the area.

Boynton Rd remains untouched and looks quite respectable now.

Cycleracer, thanks for that info, say gday to no 61 next time you go past.

Skippy.

Hi Joe, your name rings a bell, [but I can't put a face to your name] so does Herman the German and his big thick cane, I felt that a couple of times.

I remember all those names you mentioned, plus, Miss Brennan 2A, Mr Craig 2B & 3B, then 4B, these were the classes I was in while at the school I'm not sure who's class I was in at 3rd form or when I left in 58, I know I was in one of the Thomas's classes, either Bill or Alf & Mr Cooper's but can't recollect in what order, I know either the 3rd or 4th year was A's & B's together but again can't recollect which one.

I remember B. Bagshaw giving a teacher called Tarzan a pasting and dragging him over the desk, I was in the same class as Pete Kennan, Roger Goodison, Brian Baker etc etc.

I remember your namesake Tommy Hill, I was in touch with Pete Kennan through Friends Re

but lost touch a couple of years ago, remember Kevin Baines and his guitar ? which forms were you in after 1B ? I was going to send some sunshine but unfortunatley it's gone dark now.

Regards

Trev.

Crikey I remember Mr Stavely from Herries woodwork in the early eighties he did'nt take any prisioners

hi SKIPPY I WAS THERE 1955 TO 1959 DORREN CLARK CONTACTED ME APP. 2 WEEKS AGO (AUGUST 09) MENTIONED YOUR NAME ASKED IF I NEW YOU I SAID I RECOGNISED THE NAME BUT COULD NOT PUT A FACE TO IT.MY REIGISTERED NAME IS WHERE I LIVED FOR 10 YEARS. NOW KNOWN AS ZIMBABWE THAT IS THE REASON I NO LONGER LIVE THERE BLOODY SHAME. HOPE THIS FINDS YOU WELL ROCK ON DAVE BARRA.

HI DOUBLE I REMEMBER STAVELY FROM THE 50s SO HE WAS THERE A LONG TIME. MUST HAVE ENDED UP WITH BRAIN DAMAGE WITH US LOT CHEERS DAVE B

sorry fellas,your old brains are playing tricks on you,the b*******ds name was STALEY,I hated him with a vengance.Molineux was ok with you if you could swim and both Thomas,s were ok if you were good at rugby,Ifailed on all counts.Mr Craig was brilliant and great at science,I went there from 1953-57.Hiya trev hope you are well.Mel