Is The Boardwalk ever going to reopen as a music venue

It was the place where the Clash played their first ever gig , with another band called the Sex Pistols. I had the chance to go, but stayed in because I'd never heard of either band at the time.

OUTSIDE LONDON

indeed, although ive fixed it for you :)

OUTSIDE LONDON

indeed, although ive fixed it for you :)

No, not their first gig outside London. The Sheffield Black Swan gig on 4th July 1976 was the Clash's first ever gig anywhere in the world. Look it up if you don't believe me.

History was made, and I wasn't there. I was at home happy that I'd saved the 50p admission.

I was told 3 weeks ago it was going to be a Tesco Express.

I'm really missing The Boardwalk, especially all the great tribute bands I used to watch like 'The Rolling Stoned'; 'Glory Days'; 'Letz Zep'; 'T Rextasy,'; Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Dartsboard Band' and many others. I've seen The Acoustic Angels at Crookes W.M.C. and this seems like the ideal venue to fill the the gap left by The Boardwalk. Will it re-open or is there anywhere else like it?

I'm really missing The Boardwalk, especially all the great tribute bands I used to watch like 'The Rolling Stoned'; 'Glory Days'; 'Letz Zep'; 'T Rextasy,'; Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Dartsboard Band' and many others. I've seen The Acoustic Angels at Crookes W.M.C. and this seems like the ideal venue to fill the the gap left by The Boardwalk. Will it re-open or is there anywhere else like it?

I agree. I saw a UK Subs tribute band there. And that guitarrists from Dr Feelgood.

Iv played some good gigs there as a musician, as well as the venue underneath it. Sorely missed!

Iv played some good gigs there as a musician, as well as the venue underneath it. Sorely missed!

Who as? Who with?

I know that one of the promoters from the boardwalk now has puts some acts on at the Greystones pub. Not sure but i dont think he has tribute acts on up there.

Been told that it is to reopen. Watch this space.

Been told that it is to reopen. Watch this space.

Re-open as what thought? Fuel/Twist barely lasted a year, I wonder what they think is viable?

I remember Twist .. opened in February then barely stayed open 10 months before it shut just before Xmas what timing !! :o:roll::confused::confused::gag: ,,, and now Vivian works for OMG !

Given who is to be running it sounds like live music, craft beer, whisky and gin may be involved...