Virgin Media Free upgrade

Has anyone got it yet? Our modem restarted lastnight to install the new GUI. Did a speed test this morning,

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2070076542.png

Not bad to say im running off a 100mb switch, Gb switch coming soon :P.

I think they are testing the connections since one min i get 30mbps then 80...

Lets hope it settles down in the next few days.

Had ours a few months... do you have the correct modem for the new speeds? As soon as we requested the new hub and got it installed the speeds were already doubled...

Na, We have had this modem for months now. Just got some new firmware and GUI on it lastnight, Did a speedtest this morning and got that. Just downloaded from steam and got 9.2mbps

Might as well get the free Virgin hub..

Why the poor upload speed?

Not sure, Going to ring them today, I should be getting 10. Like i said i think there doing tests on the line first. It happend when we upgraded to 50 from 30.

Why the poor upload speed?

Virgin currently is in the process of changing the upload speeds, I currently only get 3mb on my 60mb connection... apparently that should change to 6mb soon, but even that's not great...

Do you get notified that your speed has been doubled?

Richard Branson was ment to ring (recorded voice) and tell us. Still waiting for him to ring, Want to borrow a few mil off him :rant:

Not really... Try this: http://doublespeed.virginmedia.com/

It says for my post code July, but like I say back in March when I requested the new modem, it was doubled from install...

Just rang Virgin. Its going to be upto 18month untill we get our upload speed doubled. Rage!

Just rang Virgin. Its going to be upto 18month untill we get our upload speed doubled. Rage!

Ouch

I'm on DR and love the 10meg upload. I could upgrade to the 'what your line can handle' package for £35/m and given how close I am to the cab I think it would be in the 90's down but TBH 40meg down is fast enough. Upload is what i'm looking for these days so I can stream out to my mobile devices.