Redundancies at the Lane

I carnt believe what i am reading on here a few months ago United where flying Wednesday was resigned to playing in the play offs, Then one of the players put his manhood where he should t have, THATS why you are where you are right now if he had been playing the full season you would have romped it

it was a contributing factor, but not the whole reason. United had some poor results a few weeks before the end of the season when we lost most of the defence and then McDonald through injury.

We played the first dozen or so games of the season without Mr Evans and were top of the league - (or thereabouts) - so we weren't so dependent upon him as some folks like to make out. The reality is though, he scored 30+ goals and it's not everyday you find a player of that ability who can put the ball in the onion sack with such regular aplomb!

The reason United stayed in league 1 is Sheffield Wednesday going on that storming run at the back end of last season, what was it 34 points out of 36 or something...

noooooooooo

United still haven't stooped to begging fans for free labour and equipment.

Mind you they weren't exactly over run with volunteers when they did try to bypass honest hard working tradesmen and get the jobs done for nothing.

That kind of reasoning won't stop redundancies, average bosman signings, losing the ground and renting it back.

Maybe if United were humble enough to ask for help things might not be so bad.

The reason United stayed in league 1 is Sheffield Wednesday going on that storming run at the back end of last season, what was it 34 points out of 36 or something...

The Ched effect was a major contributor, United should still have maintained enough form to overcome the distraction, however added to the Owls good run, we have a manager whose motivational skills are lacking, his laid back approach failed big time. I am of the opinion had Bassett , Warnock or even Dave Jones been in charge they would have had the talent/motivational skills to over come the situation.

Its no use moaning, we are where we are.

That kind of reasoning won't stop redundancies, average bosman signings, losing the ground and renting it back.

Maybe if United were humble enough to ask for help things might not be so bad.

No it won't but it makes a mockery of this thread.

Wednesday are the only ones to go cap in hand up to now and not only the once.

You woud think any self respecting Wednesday fan would know better than start a thread like this after what they have done and been through especially after going cap in hand to the likes of Dave Allen and STILL owing him money.

The Ched effect was a major contributor, United should still have maintained enough form to overcome the distraction, however added to the Owls good run, we have a manager whose motivational skills are lacking, his laid back approach failed big time. I am of the opinion had Bassett , Warnock or even Dave Jones been in charge they would have had the talent/motivational skills to over come the situation.

Its no use moaning, we are where we are.

I also think it was a mistake not buying or loaning another striker incase Ched got locked up like he did...

I also think it was a mistake not buying or loaning another striker incase Ched got locked up like he did...

Big mistake not having more cover but injuries piling up all at once were the main contributer, it happened to Wednesday a couple of seasons ago.

No it won't but it makes a mockery of this thread.

Wednesday are the only ones to go cap in hand up to now and not only the once.

You woud think any self respecting Wednesday fan would know better than start a thread like this after what they have done and been through especially after going cap in hand to the likes of Dave Allen and STILL owing him money.

There are people about to lose their livelihoods through mismanagement, and through fans deserting these peoples employers, and all the likes of you can do is dig at Wednesday :rant:

I've acknowledged Wednesday doing the same already in this thread. But this is about NOW, and what will happen to those people in the FUTURE. You ranting about Wednesday's past, some of which happened almost half a century ago, isn't going to help them is it?

Debate the issue.

There are people about to lose their livelihoods through mismanagement, and through fans deserting these peoples employers, and all the likes of you can do is dig at Wednesday :rant:

I've acknowledged Wednesday doing the same already in this thread. But this is about NOW, and what will happen to those people in the FUTURE. You ranting about Wednesday's past, some of which happened almost half a century ago, isn't going to help them is it?

Debate the issue.

It isn't a debate it'd a ridiculous childish attempt by you to troll and wind people up, read the replies you have had.

It isn't a debate it'd a ridiculous childish attempt by you to troll and wind people up, read the replies you have had.

If that's the way you feel, ignore it, go away, don't reply.

clubs always "cut thier cloth accordingly" depending on where will be 12 months down the line, united expected as did many others that they would be re promoted back to the champ so kept people in jobs for as long as they could, when they lost the playoff final the cloth had to be recut accordingly and the cutbacks had to start in earnest, there are no parachute payments and the like, probably a drop in attendances aswell so i think cutbacks were a given and i bet you blades fans would rather the cutbacks happen in matchday staff than in players...