Yew Lane School

Found the photo....

Not shared publically so we can't view it...........

Hello Dave, I remember Keith Charlesworth but I thought it was Pauline Scholey I remember.

---------- Post added 29-12-2013 at 13:35 ----------

Do you remember Susan Sorsby, Susan Eastwood, Stewart Crapper,Steve Woods. Just a few I have just thought about.

Edited by Pattypuddin
wrong name

The name Stewart Crapper rings a bell and Pauline Sorsby. I've made the photo public now so you should be able to view it

---------- Post added 29-12-2013 at 14:48 ----------

Not shared publically so we can't view it...........

Should be able to view now

Wow this stuff has brought back a few memories. Hi Dave. It is Phil from Town end. Remember the music sessions in our front room in the cottage?

Hi Phil, yes of course I remember you, you lived with your Dad at the bottom of Wheel Lane. That must be 40+ years ago...Did I used to come round with John Shelton, Keith Charlesworth and Graham Barber or John Mayor and Mick Plant. I remember we used to try and get a drink in the Greyhound or the other one across the way. What you doing in Kuwait? Dont know if you're on Facebook but probably best to try and find me that way....dont get onto this site much now....cheers.....Dave

Hi Dave, I'm sure that's my youngest sister on the bottom, second from the left. Her name then was Ann Theaker, did you know her?

Hi Joto....yes that's right, Ann was in our class but didn't remember the name until you reminded me...there was an Ann Gregory as well!

I thought it was her. :hihi: She is a grandma now, she had one daughter, and now has 3 grand-daughter's. I live in Canada but she's still in Sheffield. :)

---------- Post added 05-05-2015 at 01:00 ----------

I keep looking on this thread hoping someone was at Yew Lane when I was there, 1954 to 58. I've got a couple of Facebook friends who were in my class, June (nee) Wilson, and Michael Platts. Anyone else out there who knew Joyce Theaker? I remember Graham Sheldon, Melvin Ashton, Julia Johnson Alan Wragg Brian Adams Stuart Parkin Trever Turton Lesley Hudson Jacqueline Knowles Patricia Cockshott Christine Armstrong George Tandy and quite a few more. Are you out there anyone? One of my very best friends was Margaret Whitney, sadly she passed away a few years ago.

Can anybody help,trying to find the meaning of the house name "AEGIL" .

I dont know if this helps -

The life path number of AEGIL is 7. A person with the destiny number 7 learns very early on in life that one has to face a world dominated by material things and money head on without any fear that they could not prevail there. People with this life number have the ability to recognize and understand their own limitations

as far as I know Aegil was a Demon in training

also a modern day writer, but doesn't seem to be anything to do with Yewlane area or schools

Hi. I went to yes lane .around that time .,I am roger gardner . In same class as rod pettifer.roger cannon.suppose to stay on for A levels but left at 15. What a mistake .