Men in Pants cancer fun run

Sounds brilliant - count me in......us men need to try and get something on the lines of the Race for Life started....Good luck

The race for life I believe is done by a private race company who organise the event and take all of the entrance fee so none of that actually goes to charity.

Try to organise it yourself and try using a park instead of the roadway as it will be much cheaper to do so. There are plenty of parks suitable in Sheffield and a park can also be used for stalls and other activities for the onlookers and kids. Charge an entrance fee but guarantee that in this case a percentage of that fee goes to the charity.

The race for life I believe is done by a private race company who organise the event and take all of the entrance fee so none of that actually goes to charity.

Try to organise it yourself and try using a park instead of the roadway as it will be much cheaper to do so. There are plenty of parks suitable in Sheffield and a park can also be used for stalls and other activities for the onlookers and kids. Charge an entrance fee but guarantee that in this case a percentage of that fee goes to the charity.

The hire of the park will incur a booking fee. Not only that, depending on the size of the run, the local authorities would be needed for various aspects of the event. Not a cheap outlay, but if you can come up with a good business plan and get the numbers right, there's nothing stopping anyone from making this happen. Like Race for Life, the entry fees alone might not be enough. Any funds to be gained would probably have to be gathered from sponsorship.

Hi to all who have responded to this link, I am just waiting for council to get back to to comfirm that we can use Norfick Park and I have also contacted Western Park Hospital so all money raised will go to mens cancer research. I will also be looking to local sports outlets and some medical providers for support.

If there are any council workers reading this I hope maybe we can get the park at a reduced rate or if possible free as it is a public park.

Hi I have a question for those who wish to take part, If I put a printable sponcer form on facebook and on here could we get support and raise funds this way?

I would like father and sons to join in as my son wants to do it for his grandad who died from prostrate cancer.

You can run in your pants or you can pin a pair of boxer shorts to your t.shirt, these will be printed on paper or you can use your own,

Hi to all who have responded to this link, I am just waiting for council to get back to to comfirm that we can use Norfick Park and I have also contacted Western Park Hospital so all money raised will go to mens cancer research. I will also be looking to local sports outlets and some medical providers for support.

If there are any council workers reading this I hope maybe we can get the park at a reduced rate or if possible free as it is a public park.

:clap::thumbsup:

I cant run but would be willing to walk it so count me in, the Norfolk Park track is .90 of a mile I believe so maybe sponsor by the lap?

I am interested in this and would love to join you in raising awareness and funds for cancer. I've been looking to get involved in something like this for a while now.

How far is run going to be?

Any ideas when you are aiming to get the first run organised?

Hmmm...if it's going to be a fun 'run', make sure it's a run.

I walked past 'Race' for life on Sunday and I was annoyed that I was walking faster than them all even though I was just going to work.

Just call it stroll for life.

I mean really the issue I had with it was it totally buggered up the whole bus network in town, and if they'd actually have been 'racing' maybe it wouldn't have been a massive inconvenience for quite as long as it was.

I walked it, in just over an hour and there were still quite a few finishing after me, it tells you when you register for it that you don't have to run, that you can walk it. Also all the walkers had done well before 11am, so shouyldn't have been an inconvenience for that long.

Hi to all who have responded to my Men in Pants event, I have had news about the venue and have put it in this reply please read and thank you

•There is usually an eight week minimum booking period to deal with the application because of the number of applications I receive and all is involved before permission can be given.

•This is also the minimum time you will need to organise and promote an event but for larger events much longer may be needed.

•The event organiser must have Public Liability Insurance, provide first aid cover ( a minimum of 2 qualified first aiders), complete an application form which includes a risk assessment and pay a site fee of £60 minimum.

•For charity walks and runs the site fee will cover up to 150 participants. If there are over 150 participants there will be an addditional fee of 50p per entrant.

Can you please pay attenction to the last 2 pargraphes?

I am doing a first aid caurse in sept 3-5 so I cover one of the first aid post but need anothere so is any one able to help?

Also we need to keep numbers down to 150 to avoid costs.

Thank you

Cheers Johnathan

Hi to all who have responded to my Men in Pants event, I have had news about the venue and have put it in this reply please read and thank you

•There is usually an eight week minimum booking period to deal with the application because of the number of applications I receive and all is involved before permission can be given.

•This is also the minimum time you will need to organise and promote an event but for larger events much longer may be needed.

•The event organiser must have Public Liability Insurance, provide first aid cover ( a minimum of 2 qualified first aiders), complete an application form which includes a risk assessment and pay a site fee of £60 minimum.

•For charity walks and runs the site fee will cover up to 150 participants. If there are over 150 participants there will be an addditional fee of 50p per entrant.

Can you please pay attenction to the last 2 pargraphes?

I am doing a first aid caurse in sept 3-5 so I cover one of the first aid post but need anothere so is any one able to help?

Also we need to keep numbers down to 150 to avoid costs.

Thank you

Cheers Johnathan

Why not just ask St John's to provide the first aid cover. Given that you will be busy with the organising etc I doubt you'd have time to do that and be all over the course at the same time. I know it might incur a cost, but at least it takes you away from that duty so you can concentrate 100% on the event.

Have you given any thought into charges for the event i.e. entry fee?

Hello to all who have read and wish to take part in this event,

Did you read my last post?, i am wondering if you wouldn't mind paying a small entrance fee of 50p?.

I am aranging a meeting with the council for next week and will post the out come a.s.a.p.

Thank you for the support and undate soon

John

Hello to all who have read and wish to take part in this event,

Did you read my last post?, i am wondering if you wouldn't mind paying a small entrance fee of 50p?.

I am aranging a meeting with the council for next week and will post the out come a.s.a.p.

Thank you for the support and undate soon

John

I think you are selling yourself short, John. I reckon you could easily get a full field with the entry fee set at a higher rate.