Mountain bike under 200 pounds.

Hi folks, could anyone give me some advice on a mountain bike mostly for work and back and the odd trec round the dams under 2oo pound many thanks.

You could get a second hand one or have a look on the internet for a new one thats afew seasons old, you may get more for your money this way.

200 quid isn't much so I'd go for one without suspension definitely. If it were me I'd buy second-hand, but you need to know what's good and what's not. Are you set on brand new? If so, some of the Decathlon own brand bikes are OK for the money.

Definitely dont bother with suspension, a load of weight to lug about and lost pedalling energy, and it will be entirely rubbish on a £200 bike.

Why a MTB, why not a road bike? Are you taking it off road round the dams?

If not, I would get a road bike, much more suitable for commuting on that a cheap and cheerful MTB with horrible knobbly tires.

Second-hand is a good idea, only trouble is biking to work is so much more popular now, so the demand, and consequently the prices, are higher. Not many bargains out there..:(

No just on road ,was looking at claud buttler and carrera.

200 quid isn't much so I'd go for one without suspension definitely. If it were me I'd buy second-hand, but you need to know what's good and what's not. Are you set on brand new? If so, some of the Decathlon own brand bikes are OK for the money.

Roads are terrible, going rigid is a killer.

Get a Hybrid (lol

I'd always recommend a MTB for commuting on our cities pot holed roads,

Rd bikes are a world apart but you'll end up with aching wrists and arms when you get to work,

£200 is a small amount for a MTB I'd go 2nd hand and see if you like it

Maybe save and get something good eventually

Enjoy !

JJ..

buy one from decathlon for £150

Get a Hybrid (lol

I'd always recommend a MTB for commuting on our cities pot holed roads,

Rd bikes are a world apart but you'll end up with aching wrists and arms when you get to work,

£200 is a small amount for a MTB I'd go 2nd hand and see if you like it

Maybe save and get something good eventually

Enjoy !

JJ..

I commute/train/race etc etc on a road bike, never get aching wrists and arms. You need to get bike that fits you, and get the bike adjusted to fit you correctly, the you will have no problem with aches and pains....apart from the leg pain :)

keep you eye on the sheffield forum listings and other local classifieds.

i have bought loads of good quality items at a good price