Where was this photo taken?

https://www.hpacde.org.uk/picturesheffield/jpgh_sheffield/s14228.jpg

Ref No: s14228

Title: Cemetery Road (left) and Ecclesall Road (right), Midland Bank and Sheffield andamp; Ecclesall Co-operative Society (The Arcade) in centre

Date: 21/08/1964

Date Period: 1960-1979

Looking at a current map, the two roads given as the location don't actually meet, so where is it? :confused:

Bottom of the moor where the Thia restaurant is back off manpower services building

Edited by Bikertec

Sainburys now at the back. Ecclesall road on the right cemetery road on the left.

Taken before the area was redeveloped, late 60's? Someone on here will know the precise date - the area still looked like this c1964. Supermarket above and behind bank is now Waitrose (not Sainsbury's), before that it was Safeway.

Edited by susie1
Typo

its one of the posh supermarkets ;) so don't shop there. Remember cutting through the coop to visit my gran in the early 70's

S & E Co-op, where I got my school uniforms from. They had the air tube cash system and I used to watch fascinated as the tubes shot across the ceiling and then re-appeared with your change

directly behind the S&E COOP was James Neil (Eclipse tools) where I served my apprenticeship.

Fascinating! Any more pics?

Certainly around mid 60s, can see Ford Anglias, also interesting is the 3 wheel Scammell Scarab pulling a trailer on the extreme left, looks like a British Rail one.

Always nice at the bottom of the Moor- until they built the Manpower monstrosity.