IPad or Nexus 7

Hi guys just wondered what you would have between the iPad and a Nexus 7, I currently have the 1st gen iPad (32gb wifi & 3G) but was thinking of selling it to buy a nexus 7

Hi guys just wondered what you would have between the iPad and a Nexus 7, I currently have the 1st gen iPad (32gb wifi & 3G) but was thinking of selling it to buy a nexus 7

I currently have a HP touchpad (10" 32gb) running ICS, I also have a nexus 7 on order.

IMO 10" tabs do have there place, so the 7" tab will compliment it.

As you're with Apple at the moment I would switch to Android as IMO, the O/S and options available to you are much better.

I currently have a HP touchpad (10" 32gb) running ICS, I also have a nexus 7 on order.

IMO 10" tabs do have there place, so the 7" tab will compliment it.

As you're with Apple at the moment I would switch to Android as IMO, the O/S and options available to you are much better.

Yes I'm with Apple on the iPad however I'm on Android on my One X that's rooted and running custom rom and tweaks, I just dont know if the 7 inch one would be big enough or not

If you've got an Android phone, I'd stick with the iPad - best of both worlds that way!

Suppose all depends what you are wanting to do, I've got iPad 3rd gen and its spot on, the retina display is brill, my primary use is browsing also for films when I'm away, but if your budget is a main concern then I suppose the cheaper option will always win.

Suppose all depends what you are wanting to do, I've got iPad 3rd gen and its spot on, the retina display is brill, my primary use is browsing also for films when I'm away, but if your budget is a main concern then I suppose the cheaper option will always win.

It may have a cheaper price tag but that is where the budget aspect stops.

It may have a cheaper price tag but that is where the budget aspect stops.

Nexus 7 wouldn't have retina display though surely?

do the new samsung tabs have the higher res displays then? It makes sense that they would seeing as they made apple's ipad screens

Edited by Origin_Pete

Nexus 7 wouldn't have retina display though surely?

do the new samsung tabs have the higher res displays then? It makes sense that they would seeing as they made apple's ipad screens

Its near retina pixel density @216 vs ipad 3's 264.

Plus you get a quad core cpu, a battery that doesn't take an age to charge and Jelly bean.

Not sure about tabs but my phone has a higher PPI than the retina display on the 4S.

Its near retina pixel density @216 vs ipad 3's 264.

Plus you get a quad core cpu, a battery that doesn't take an age to charge and Jelly bean.

Not sure about tabs but my phone has a higher PPI than the retina display on the 4S.

Which phone is it?

Which phone is it?

Xperia S, I do believe there are others too.

I suppose no matter what you buy, when you get it you'll be happy with it, as I say what I've got does what I want it to do.

I have the 3G version which comes in handy when I'm out and about and my 02 connection is crap for tethering but the 3 coverage is fine.

If I was gonna go the tablet route and say me and my o/h got one each, I'd recommend a mifi unit with a 3 sim as u can connect up to 6 devices, I know that's slightly off topic but a handy to have item for those who bought wifi only models and wish they'd bought a 3G model.

I suppose no matter what you buy, when you get it you'll be happy with it, as I say what I've got does what I want it to do.

I have the 3G version which comes in handy when I'm out and about and my 02 connection is crap for tethering but the 3 coverage is fine.

If I was gonna go the tablet route and say me and my o/h got one each, I'd recommend a mifi unit with a 3 sim as u can connect up to 6 devices, I know that's slightly off topic but a handy to have item for those who bought wifi only models and wish they'd bought a 3G model.

I use my phone as a Mifi spot a fair bit, i dont see the reason in having multiple contracts when my mobile acts as a mobile hotspot when I need it at the touch of a widget on my home screen.