Wildlife lovers Help!! Need an active birds nest?

Wildlife lovers please can help....

Is there anyone out there got a birds nest with chicks in their garden?

I have an orphan chick. It's got a chance of survival if I can get it back in an active nest.

I have spoke with sheffield wildlife rescue this was their advice.

I have an orphan chick. It's got a chance of survival if I can get it back in an active nest.

possibly but if you tamper with another nest that could stop the mother bird coming back to the nest so that would mean even more chicks abandoned, try and find an incubator would be the best chance i think, but im sure someone with some more knowledge will be along to offer advice.

Birds don't have a great sense of smell. The cuckoo is an expample ,they kick out all the chicks or eggs and lay their own and the other bird feeds them :(

The advice I have for best chance is to get back in an active nest asap.

Birds don't have a great sense of smell. The cuckoo is an expample ,they kick out all the chicks or eggs and lay their own and the other bird feeds them :(

well yes that would be the best possible outcome, if their is no luck you could just get an incubator, if you cant get one of them then i have a large polybox you could have to build your own good luck either way.

Thanks. (might need it)

I have a rubber glove filled with warm water atm lol. It's keeping the little chap warm doing the trick. but obviously will go cold eventually :(

Thanks. (might need it)

I have a rubber glove filled with warm water atm lol. It's keeping the little chap warm doing the trick. but obviously will go cold eventually :(

ask on here see if anyone has a spare heat mat, or even get a little box for it and line it with something quite soft and then stick it somewhere nice and warm. its probably the best bet its going to get m8

The whole mother abandoning the nest due to tampering is incorrect. The experts often raid nests, to tag chicks, and never does the mother bird abandon the nest/chicks. I believed this myself until I saw a program on tv which made this point clear.

As for an active nest. Sorry, I cannot help. However, I thought I would post the above, if anything, to bump your appeal.

Good luck, hope you find a nest for the little thing.

The whole mother abandoning the nest due to tampering is incorrect. The experts often raid nests, to tag chicks, and never does the mother bird abandon the nest/chicks. I believed this myself until I saw a program on tv which made this point clear.

As for an active nest. Sorry, I cannot help. However, I thought I would post the above, if anything, to bump your appeal.

Good luck, hope you find a nest for the little thing.

Thanks you :) I did know about it not affecting the chick or chicks in the nest :) if I popped him in one.

I'm hoping someone out there reads this and sees my plight /)

I am making the little chap comfy, the best I can, but I know I can't give him the nutrients he needs. I am worried it's prob a matter of time now :( How ever the little fellow' s done really well. I found him at 12 noon today. He nearly was was lunch for my cat :( Ive search all my hedge row for a nest, but ' nothing. He could have fallen from anywhere :(

Am in the process of buying a motorhome which is in storage at dinnington called a guy out to charge the battery,its been stood for a while,opens bonnet to reveal a blackbirds nest with 2 chicks and an egg in it.Needless to say things are on hold until birds fly the nest.This was 9/7/12 by the way people are going to contact us when things are back to normal.

Sits back and waits for some wag to remark as to "would'nt want a motorhome running on a birds nest,I'd want one with an engine"Ha!Ha!

Is that what happens with the clocks,the mother kicks the chick out and its tied to an elastic band,so this is how it goes in and out?

Am in the process of buying a motorhome which is in storage at dinnington called a guy out to charge the battery,its been stood for a while,opens bonnet to reveal a blackbirds nest with 2 chicks and an egg in it.Needless to say things are on hold until birds fly the nest.This was 9/7/12 by the way people are going to contact us when things are back to normal.

Sits back and waits for some wag to remark as to "would'nt want a motorhome running on a birds nest,I'd want one with an engine"Ha!Ha!

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately the little chick died :(