7% Increase In Population. Are We Full?

Ah ok I see, I agree. But as I said before how are the thousands of immigrant workers in say the NHS going to be replaced by native Britons anytime soon and more importantly who's going to fund the training programmes and required infrastructure to bring our own up to speed?

The solutions you're proposing are straight out of the nationalists handbook but we know when placed under scrutiny they're found wanting.

We had the infrastructure to train nurses but they were closed down, we had young people wanting to train has nurses but it was easier to give our young people no hope of a job and unemployment benefits and employed trained foreigners. The solution I'm proposing was in place just 15 years ago but was abandoned in favour of cheap trained foreign labour.

We had the infrastructure to train nurses but they were closed down, we had young people wanting to train has nurses but it was easier to give our young people no hope of a job and unemployment benefits and employed trained foreigners. The solution I'm proposing was in place just 15 years ago but was abandoned in favour of cheap trained foreign labour.

Immigrant labour has been used in the NHS for decades, not just the last 15 years, in fact it was Enoch Powell who identified the shortages in native manpower to support the NHS and invited citizens of the Commonwealth to come here to work.

Have you ever considered why it was preferred to employ foreigners in the NHS? Because the populus didn't have the stomach to pay increased taxes that would have kept medical schools open and more importantly build new ones to train the required numbers that would have been needed.

Immigrant nurses/doctors are an ideal solution..somebody else has paid for their (ultra) expensive education. They're portable in terms of job vacancies and their contracts are reviewable, which means if their supply exceeds demand they return home and don't become a burden on our benefits system.

Immigrant labour has been used in the NHS for decades, not just the last 15 years,

Do you actually read anything anyone writes or just see the word immigrant and then spout the same rhetoric about xenophobia, or we always had immigrants or we’ve always been a multicultural country.

The discussion is about uncontrolled immigration which was the deliberate policy of the labour party over the past decade and was intended to boost their political support, it isn't about immigrants or immigration over the past 100 years, no one has claimed we don’t have a place for immigration, it’s the uncontrolled immigration that as caused the problems, too many people came here too quickly and it cause mass unemployment, overloaded public services, .contributed to low wages, high housing costs, and contributed to poverty.

Do you actually read anything anyone writes or just see the word immigrant and then spout the same rhetoric about xenophobia, or we always had immigrants or we’ve always been a multicultural country.

Blimey! Just noticed it?

Don't ordinary people use hospital, social and care services or eat out in restaurants, stay in hotels, use technology or benefit from the revenue that thousands of foreign students bring into the UK?

I wouldn't class students as immigrants. They're paying guests who do contribute. An immigrant, for me, is someone who moves here permanently or for a long period.

You can't halt immigration, it is impossible to do so. So you honestly think if immigrants were removed from benefits, British people would receive more benefits? Besides, I thought all immigrants were here taking our jobs.

Immigration will be greatly reduced in the coming years. Its a certainty. We can't afford them any more. Some do well and pay taxes but there's a mass who don't and are just here to milk the system. This is because we have fools a plenty in this country who just can't see the wood for the trees. There's numerous of these on here, isn't there?

There's a bit of a dichotomy on this thread.

One group of xenophobes who claim that immigrants are here to claim benefits and use the NHS.

The other group who claim that they have caused unemployment and driven up housing costs.

Can you clarify please, are the immigrants all here claiming benefits, or are they all here stealing our jobs and probably women, it can't be both.

One group of xenophobes who claim that immigrants are here to claim benefits and use the NHS.

The other group who claim that they have caused unemployment and driven up housing costs.

Can you clarify please, are the immigrants all here claiming benefits, or are they all here stealing our jobs and probably women, it can't be both.

Some are here to claim benefits. Government moves to prevent 'benefit tourism'

Some are here to use the NHS. Health tourists' face crackdown under new proposals.

Some are here doing a good job.

Some are doing the job the British should be doing, but that’s not their fault, its government policy that is to blame.

Labour ministers deliberately encouraged mass immigration to diversify Britain over the past decade, a former Downing Street adviser has claimed.

Encouraging that many for no other reason than to boost Labours support was always going to increase unemployment and create pressure on public services and housing.

An increase in the population was a contributory factor is house price inflation but the cause was government policy.

I doubt any have stolen jobs or women.

I think it very unlikley that anyone on this thread is a xenophobe.

Some are here to claim benefits. Government moves to prevent 'benefit tourism'

Some are here to use the NHS. Health tourists' face crackdown under new proposals.

Some are here doing a good job.

Some are doing the job the British should be doing, but that’s not their fault, its government policy that is to blame.

Labour ministers deliberately encouraged mass immigration to diversify Britain over the past decade, a former Downing Street adviser has claimed.

Encouraging that many for no other reason than to boost Labours support was always going to increase unemployment and create pressure on public services and housing.

An increase in the population was a contributory factor is house price inflation but the cause was government policy.

I doubt any have stolen jobs or women.

I think it very unlikley that anyone on this thread is a xenophobe.

But the links just show speculation and opinion and contain very little in the way of facts. Even if they did, it's more worrying that facts and statistics are applied from data and can be manipulated in such a way that the information obtained can mean anything the applicator wants it to mean.

There are countries which are far worse off than the UK for population numbers and land area.

Maybe that's because immigrants are not a single homogeneous group. Clearly, not ALL immigrants are benefit scroungers, and not ALL immigrants are here to work and pay their way either.

But the links just show speculation and opinion and contain very little in the way of facts. Even if they did, it's more worrying that facts and statistics are applied from data and can be manipulated in such a way that the information obtained can mean anything the applicator wants it to mean.

There are countries which are far worse off than the UK for population numbers and land area.

Then post some facts about the amount of immigration into the UK over Labour’s terms of office, demonstrate how they contributed to the country and how we all benefited, show us how this influx of immigrants didn’t contribute demand for public services and housing and disprove my assertion that some came here for benefits and health care. Show us how well teacher are coping with the influx of non English speaking children and explain why Millerand as now apologised for getting it wrong about immigration.

The countries that have a population density greater than England also have more poverty, so on that basis I agree we can get more people into the country as long as you are happy with increased poverty and a decrease in public services.

Labour policy of mass immigration didn’t concern its self in how it would affect the population; there only interest was to increase support for their party.

I wouldn't class students as immigrants. They're paying guests who do contribute. An immigrant, for me, is someone who moves here permanently or for a long period.
Foreign students are classed as immigrants though and feature in the immigration statistics, if you took them out immigration wouldn't look half as bad as some people believe it is.

Immigration will be greatly reduced in the coming years. Its a certainty. We can't afford them any more. Some do well and pay taxes but there's a mass who don't and are just here to milk the system. This is because we have fools a plenty in this country who just can't see the wood for the trees. There's numerous of these on here, isn't there?

Are you talking about immigrants or asylum seekers?