Should Rio Ferdinand be charged with racism?

It is alleged that Rio has condoned the use of a racist term on twitter. Should Rio now face investigation by the Football Association and moreover, have a case to answer to in the courts?

What amazes me is that these footballers make this kind of comment when they have just seen what trouble can be caused by such statements . Are they really thick or is it done to keep them in the headlines ?

What amazes me is that these footballers make this kind of comment when they have just seen what trouble can be caused by such statements . Are they really thick or is it done to keep them in the headlines ?

You said it

Yes. Thick.

Its a load of balls about nothing, everyone is turning out to be a racist these days.

To be controversial, I remember a councillor got in trouble once for calling someone else a 'coconut'.

Calling someone a 'choc ice' is the same idea under a different name.

Add: Found it. Daily Mail.co.uk - Black coconut insult councillor

Edited by Chris_Sleeps

I don't think he should be investigated for racism but it really shows the way he thinks. Evidently in his mind it's black vs white and any black person to side with a white person over someone of their own race is a traitor regardless of the situation.

A worrying view for a role model to hold.

It merely shows the intelligence, or lack of, of today's grossly over-rated, overpaid footballer.

I doubt many could count to six, write their name or wipe their own bottoms.

It merely shows the intelligence, or lack of, of today's grossly over-rated, overpaid footballer.

Supporting the view that people should automatically support others of the same race or be seen in a negative light shows more than lack of intelligence

Your reason for this?

Because the media will make a big drama out of nothing for a story.