If SF enforced passport pictures as avatar- Would you be in favour?

Passport ID style photograph as avatar- For or Against?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Passport ID style photograph as avatar- For or Against?

• In favour
    • I'm against
    • Can't decide
    • Use someone else's picture

I've asked a perfectly reasonable question. I didn't resorted to ridicule, I didn't harass him or taunt him, not to my knowledge anyway. But please quote where I did and I'll be more than happy to answer to it.

I'm sure that others would say the same thing when you accuse them of ridiculing someone. They might say that they were ridiculing the idea rather than the poster.

And the 'groups' who you think bully are probably a completely unrelated set of people who happen to be expressing the same opinion, should it not be allowed that multiple people have similar opinions?

I'm sure that others would say the same thing when you accuse them of ridiculing someone. They might say that they were ridiculing the idea rather than the poster.
If their intention was to only ridicule the idea as you suggest, why do you think they feel the need to mock the poster instead whilst amusing each other by making wise crack comments about their personal attributes and characteristics?

posted by Cyclone

And the 'groups' who you think bully are probably a completely unrelated set of people who happen to be expressing the same opinion, should it not be allowed that multiple people have similar opinions?

Of course it should be allowed, it's just that that isn't the actual case here.

Although you're partly right when you say they're unrelated but only in the sense that by chance they just happen to stubble across the same thread that wets their appetite so to speak, but the way in which they normally conduct themselves from that point forward as left much to be desired in my opinion. It's only an observation Cyclone, I've never felt the need to report anyone, That's not my style. I'd much prefer to beat them at their own game as you know.

Ridiculing the poster is pretty much an admission of failure IMO, but very occasionally someone does post something so stupid that you just look at it and think "what, are you an idiot?".

Some people perceive ridicule though when in reality you are just challenging their view. For example, saying that religious belief is akin to being delusional isn't ridicule, it's a perfectly valid opinion. It's difficult to discuss that with someone who has religious belief though...

The Apple Pie Gang suddenly springs to mind.:roll:

Ridiculing the poster is pretty much an admission of failure IMO, but very occasionally someone does post something so stupid that you just look at it and think "what, are you an idiot?".
Or someone posts words to that effect. Which is akin to a bugler signifying the start of the hunt.

posted by Cyclone

Some people perceive ridicule though when in reality you are just challenging their view. For example, saying that religious belief is akin to being delusional isn't ridicule, it's a perfectly valid opinion. It's difficult to discuss that with someone who has religious belief though...

That's probably because they consider it no more delusional than believing in an afterlife or ghosts or the universe having always existed without cause; as none of the aforementioned can be proved or disproved, and the main problem I see with what you've just claimed is that 'God' is proving to be no exception.

Translated as someone who disagrees with someone else? or maybe yourself? I've never understood this "Apple pie gang" thing that get's bandied about, unless you mean posters agreeing with one another.

They've gone by several names. The apple pie gang being one. The 'enlightened ones' being another. Then there's my personal favourite- The 'moral crusaders'.

I'm surprised you even know about them, it's a very selective and highly secretive group.:)

Translated as someone who disagrees with someone else? or maybe yourself? I've never understood this "Apple pie gang" thing that get's bandied about, unless you mean posters agreeing with one another.

It refers to anyone whose posts are pretentious and insincere. In layman's terms- 'people who lack real sincerity and only say things to impress those listening'.

I've learnt some new things on this forum, trolls; and now "apple pie gang", that is a new saying to me.

It refers to anyone whose posts are pretentious and insincere. In layman's terms- 'people who lack real sincerity and only say things to impress those listening'.

You may not be sincere but if what I'm reading from you makes good logical sense then who you are is irrelevant.

As for impressing...I think that is something we are all guilty of on here...down to the last man/woman/post...I mean who want's to look a cluck? :hihi: