If SF enforced passport pictures as avatar- Would you be in favour?

Passport ID style photograph as avatar- For or Against?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Passport ID style photograph as avatar- For or Against?

• In favour
    • I'm against
    • Can't decide
    • Use someone else's picture

That's easy - it's the way they reduce women to nothing more than breasts and bums and as objects for men to lust over.
So is it your opinion that anyone and everyone professionally involved in the industry is irresponsibly responsible ??

Guest sibon
I'm not confused.

As you've established what your views are on industries that are sexually exploiting women, what are your feelings towards the professional women such as models, agents, managers, photographers, agency directors and such who are enthusiastically involved in the "exploitation of women industry" ?

Do you still hold the opinion of not allowing children to dress like sluts? If not, 'why not'? If you still do, kindly explain why that is again.

So is it your opinion that anyone and everyone professionally involved in the industry is irresponsibly responsible ??

If you need any help using multi-quote, please ask.

If you need any help using multi-quote, please ask.

im ok thanks sibon. Thanks all the same.

IF anybody can actually remember the point of this thread..

Wouldn't passport photos as avatars compromise internet safety rules?

IF anybody can actually remember the point of this thread..

Wouldn't passport photos as avatars compromise internet safety rules?

Probably. It was a crap idea at the start and still is now.

Probably. It was a crap idea at the start and still is now.

And yet you still chose to use your passport picture. :D

I would not be in favour of forums not being anonymous, it would inhibit honest discussion. In theory we have free speech in this country, in practice we don't. Saying controversial things, politically incorrect things, things that go against the accepted norm are generally not illegal, but if were not anonymous, could be enough for a person to lose their job, have their property attacked, or themselves be victims of attack.

I know somebody who used to be a member of the BNP, when the members list was leaked, their house had the windows smashed, hate mail and death threats, only he wasn't living there any more as it was his parents house. If forums were not anonymous, I've no doubt this sort of behavior would be quite common.

I would not be in favour of forums not being anonymous, it would inhibit honest discussion. In theory we have free speech in this country, in practice we don't. Saying controversial things, politically incorrect things, things that go against the accepted norm are generally not illegal, but if were not anonymous, could be enough for a person to lose their job, have their property attacked, or themselves be victims of attack.

I know somebody who used to be a member of the BNP, when the members list was leaked, their house had the windows smashed, hate mail and death threats, only he wasn't living there any more as it was his parents house. If forums were not anonymous, I've no doubt this sort of behavior would be quite common.

I hardly dare imagine the outcome if all forummers on SF knew each others identity and where they lived.

Sheff forum don't have the power to enforce this.

The power is in the community, they decide ultimately with their feet.

It may be wrong idealistically, but it's still what most men instinctively do. [...] I'd imagine most people(even you.. perhaps?)would have been attracted to the physical attributes of their partner before any feelings of respect developed.

No. I was attracted to another human being. I never saw her as an object. I suppose that I'm odd like that.

I'd forgotten all about you to be honest Chris. But now I'm curious as to why you would think that my previous comments were made in reference to you being in other "they" groups that I may or may not have posted about.

Because you're describing actions that I've done as sickening and pretentious and disingenuous, and then when I confront this sick comes in your mouth and you repeat the accusations again.

You brought the subject up to portray yourself as voice-of-reason against a gang of people out to get you, and it wasn't that way, and it rarely is that way here. You said something that lots of people didn't agree with, and we're allowed to reply. I don't put you in a 'sour grapes gang'.

Sheff forum don't have the power to enforce this.

The power is in the community, they decide ultimately with their feet.

Or their brains.

Or their brains.

Paradox...