If SF enforced passport pictures as avatar- Would you be in favour?

Passport ID style photograph as avatar- For or Against?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Passport ID style photograph as avatar- For or Against?

• In favour
    • I'm against
    • Can't decide
    • Use someone else's picture

That's easy - it's the way they reduce women to nothing more than breasts and bums and as objects for men to lust over.

...and?

Women look at men and say possibly inappropriate things just as much as men do it. It is actually an instinctive thing to look at someone who is attractive.. and how does this conversation have anything to do with passport pictures on internet forums :confused:

...and?

Women look at men and say possibly inappropriate things just as much as men do it. It is actually an instinctive thing to look at someone who is attractive.. and how does this conversation have anything to do with passport pictures on internet forums :confused:

It doesn't really - it's one of Danot's personal little weirdnesses; he finds it hard to imagine that other people are able to think in shades of grey rather than in black and white.

They weren't being genuine Cyclone. The reason I know this is because the same people who were defending the right of women to dress as provocatively as they choose were throwing scorn on the way TV and glossy magazines etc commercially sexualize women only a few weeks earlier.

Two entirely different issues, I'm not sure why an opinion that women should have freedom to dress as they choose means that you have to approve of their exploitation in magazines?

They threw down the gauntlet of ridicule after slapping my face with it long ago Cyclone. If they can give it, I'm sure they won't mind taking it. Then again...:rolleyes:

So you want to complain about other people doing it, and then do it yourself... Not much of a moral high ground for you to complain from really.

I'm not attacking anyone, I'm simply explaining what it was that caused me to view these people as disingenuous, insincere and pretentious.

eeeuuwww!! Don't you just hate it when you have to swallow a little bit of sick that filled your mouth?

It makes you sick to think that women are people who deserve respect?

There were several (male)posters who criticized me for admitting to leering at women.

Leering does have rather negative connotations.

They also criticized me when I said- 'women who dress provocatively intentionally should stop whining about being leered at and heckled'.

Given that heckling is pretty much just abuse I can understand why they might say that.

If they don't like it why encourage it. Oh yeah. And they also claimed they never leer at women. Never!!

Again, leering has negative connotations, it is not just looking in appreciation.

You seem to have problems relating to women and think that anyone who doesn't must be lying...

It doesn't really - it's one of Danot's personal little weirdnesses; he finds it hard to imagine that other people are able to think in shades of grey rather than in black and white.

When the grey shades start to appear,and the male glances don't come your way as often as they used to, thats the time to make an appointment at the hairdressers.

When the grey shades start to appear,and the male glances don't come your way as often as they used to, thats the time to make an appointment at the hairdressers.

But what if there's fifty shades of the grey?

You seem confused again - I believe women should have the right to wear whatever they choose and also abhor the way women are portrayed in Nuts, MTV etc and I'm entirely genuine.

That's a bit of a contradiction I think. You say that women should dress as they like but then say you don't like the way women portray themselves in Nuts etc....

But what if there's fifty shades of the grey?

I take it your referring to the novel,from what i have heard about it, filthy shades of grey would be a more appropriate title.

That's a bit of a contradiction I think. You say that women should dress as they like but then say you don't like the way women portray themselves in Nuts etc....

You can dislike something whilst supporting someones right to do it.

You might also wonder if women are the ones in control of the Nuts publication? Personally if they get paid for the pictures and are happy to pose for them, then I'd put it down to free choice for them.

I take it your referring to the novel,from what i have heard about it, filthy shades of grey would be a more appropriate title.

Fifty shades of shockingly bad prose might be the most descriptive title.

You seem confused again - I believe women should have the right to wear whatever they choose and also abhor the way women are portrayed in Nuts, MTV etc and I'm entirely genuine.
I'm not confused.

As you've established what your views are on industries that are sexually exploiting women, what are your feelings towards the professional women such as models, agents, managers, photographers, agency directors and such who are enthusiastically involved in the "exploitation of women industry" ?

Yeah, I was one of them and that's still my position, what's your point?

Do you still hold the opinion of not allowing children to dress like sluts? If not, 'why not'? If you still do, kindly explain why that is again.