Sheffield Slings (and other things!)

I tried the carrier I have again and he didn't mind it but my shoulders ached afterwards! You sling mummies must be strong when you are carrying the older ones :)

Luckily for me he has settled alot so it might be just an occasional thing now (cold days walking down to school :hihi:) although I did like the idea x

My shoulders and back have got stronger and more used to it! Also, different carriers can make a big difference to comfort, all to do with how they distribute the weight. Some carriers can make children feel almost weightless! Would you like to try a few more out? Come and meet us :)

I tried the carrier I have again and he didn't mind it but my shoulders ached afterwards! You sling mummies must be strong when you are carrying the older ones :)

Luckily for me he has settled alot so it might be just an occasional thing now (cold days walking down to school :hihi:) although I did like the idea x

Believe me, different slings can have feel so differently! I have a woven wrap sling called a Storchenwiege. It's a rigid version of a stretchy wrap. My baby boy feels weightless in it, and he's 24lb at 1 year of age! You're more than welcome to come to one of our meets and have a play! We've got loads of different slings between us! :D

Just a wee bump - do join our FB group or like our page - we also have a website (http://www.sheffieldslings.com) - we're a friendly bunch of people from all walks of life and all over town - interested in slings, parenting, making friends - "sharing our strengths and muddling through the rest together". We recognise how difficult it can be to plan in advance and we appreciate flexibility, so we organise coffee mornings, family get togethers, sling meets for demos and trials and advice on all sorts of dates all over the city. Bound to be something to suit you!

We look forwards to meeting you! :)

Just wanted to reiterate how different slings can make it easy to carry children, I used to carry a 3 year old in a mai tai sling regularly (was easier to stick in my bag for when she got tired than needlessly push a buggy around!)

I wish I'd known about these groups when I was a babywearing mummy!

Just wanted to reiterate how different slings can make it easy to carry children, I used to carry a 3 year old in a mai tai sling regularly (was easier to stick in my bag for when she got tired than needlessly push a buggy around!)

I wish I'd known about these groups when I was a babywearing mummy!

You're so right, honeyb35 - which is why we're spreading the word to new mums as well - do let your friends know about us!!

I've loved carrying my DD in slings, first a stretchy and now a woven wrap. I've been hiring different things from Chesterfield sling library to give them a go too- I now know I like Connecta full buckles as well!

I've loved carrying my DD in slings, first a stretchy and now a woven wrap. I've been hiring different things from Chesterfield sling library to give them a go too- I now know I like Connecta full buckles as well!

Lots of people love connectas! Carrying your loved one is brill isn't it. Lindsay is lovely isn't she. We have a fair few chesterfield and south Sheffield mums in the fb group, do come and join us! Lots of sociable stuff going on.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/saturdayslings/

:)

Hi, been carrying my boy around for the last two years in a tricotti, which I love. I have started getting a sore back and need a back carrier. Can anyone recommend one. I want one that is easy to put on and that I can wear all day comfortably. I hope to carry him for another year so need one which will be good up to 3 years.

Hi, been carrying my boy around for the last two years in a tricotti, which I love. I have started getting a sore back and need a back carrier. Can anyone recommend one. I want one that is easy to put on and that I can wear all day comfortably. I hope to carry him for another year so need one which will be good up to 3 years.

Hello Emma! Do come and join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/saturdayslings/ - there are hundreds of us in there who can tell you all about which slings they love best! i am still carrying my 2y and my 4yo in a variety of slings. There are lots of options, woven wraps, or buckled carriers (such as the Ergo, Manduca, Tula, Babies in Space, Action Baby Carrier etc). Do come and meet us and you can try all our stuff and our travelling collection!