Sega master system!

According to wikipedia, the late master system models had sonic.

Car boots are probably the best place to find them cheap, if you can find one. You'll pay a bit more on ebay & the postage cost will be quite a bit if it isn't local. The first model had no game built in, most model 2s had Alex Kidd in miracle world, later ones had sonic the hedgehog.

You might find some of the games & maybe a console at Playtime games shop on Pinstone Street.

I will warn you though, lots of modern TV's won't let you play it.. and soon (about another 10 years) no new TV's will be able to as once the analogue signals are all turned off, they will no longer have analogue tuners built in, which will mean you can't 'tune in' the old consoles..

Thankfully though, there are ways of converting them to a composite, or rgb (component) signal...

thats weird, my master system had a motorbike game and duck hunt built in

thats weird, my master system had a motorbike game and duck hunt built in

Then it wasnt a master system, it was a Nintendo NES, with duck hunt and excitebike

Then it wasnt a master system, it was a Nintendo NES, with duck hunt and excitebike

actually it was the master system original,it was the master system 2 that had alex the kidd inbuilt into it

and i was slightly wrong it wasnt duck hunt, it was called safari hunt and the motorbike game was called hang on

Edited by bigsexydoug

master system games i have (theyre not for sale, the prices are prices ive seen those games selling for online before)

(boxed)

Action fighter - £7 (with manual)

Alien 3 +manual - £6

Arcade smash hits (centipede, missile command, breakout) - £8

battle outrun - £12

Bonanza bros

Castle of illusion starring mickey mouse

Chase HQ - £8

Chuck Rock 2 - son of chuck +manual - £9

Cloud master

Cool Spot +manual

Cyber Shinobi +manual - £8

Desert strike + manual - £8

Dick tracy - £9

Fantasy zone - £9

The flash

Gauntlet

George Foremans KO boxing +manual

Ghostbusters + manual - £11

Golden axe - £6

Heavyweight champ (with manual and leaflet)

Indiana jones and the last crusade - £7

Jungle book - £8

Jurassic park - £6 (with manual)

Lemmings - £8

Line of fire

Lord of the sword

The lucky dime caper starring donald duck - £6

Newzealand story

The ninja - £6 (with manual)

Outrun

Rampart - £9 (with manual)

Road Rash

Robocop vs the terminator - £10

Sagaia (with manual)

Secret command (with manual)

Sensible soccer (with manual) - £10

Shadow of the beast

Sonic chaos - £12

Sonic 2 - £9

Speedball - £6

Speedball 2 - £9 (with manual)

Spiderman - £9 (with manual)

Submarine attack

Summer games - £9

Super Tennis

The terminator - £6

Transbot - £6

Vigilante - £10 (with manual)

Wonderboy

Wonderboy in monsterland +manual

Wonderboy 3 - The dragons trap + manual - £15

World grand prix (with manual)

Xenon 2 megablast - £12

(unboxed)

AlF

Assault city

Asterix - £9 if boxed

Hang on - £6 if boxed

Mortal kombat - £10 if boxed

Robocod

wouldnt this thread be better in the gaming section so we can all keep chatting about the master system?

i used to have a master system back in the day, i got thrown out of my house, went back to my dads for a while, then moved into another shared house and ended up swapping it for a large collection of punk 7"s

fantasy zone was he game i mostly remember from that time, great little shoot em up

master system games i have (theyre not for sale, the prices are prices ive seen those games selling for online before)

(boxed)

Action fighter - £7 (with manual)

Alien 3 +manual - £6

Arcade smash hits (centipede, missile command, breakout) - £8

battle outrun - £12

Bonanza bros

Castle of illusion starring mickey mouse

Chase HQ - £8

Chuck Rock 2 - son of chuck +manual - £9

Cloud master

Cool Spot +manual

Cyber Shinobi +manual - £8

Desert strike + manual - £8

Dick tracy - £9

Fantasy zone - £9

The flash

Gauntlet

George Foremans KO boxing +manual

Ghostbusters + manual - £11

Golden axe - £6

Heavyweight champ (with manual and leaflet)

Indiana jones and the last crusade - £7

Jungle book - £8

Jurassic park - £6 (with manual)

Lemmings - £8

Line of fire

Lord of the sword

The lucky dime caper starring donald duck - £6

Newzealand story

The ninja - £6 (with manual)

Outrun

Rampart - £9 (with manual)

Road Rash

Robocop vs the terminator - £10

Sagaia (with manual)

Secret command (with manual)

Sensible soccer (with manual) - £10

Shadow of the beast

Sonic chaos - £12

Sonic 2 - £9

Speedball - £6

Speedball 2 - £9 (with manual)

Spiderman - £9 (with manual)

Submarine attack

Summer games - £9

Super Tennis

The terminator - £6

Transbot - £6

Vigilante - £10 (with manual)

Wonderboy

Wonderboy in monsterland +manual

Wonderboy 3 - The dragons trap + manual - £15

World grand prix (with manual)

Xenon 2 megablast - £12

(unboxed)

AlF

Assault city

Asterix - £9 if boxed

Hang on - £6 if boxed

Mortal kombat - £10 if boxed

Robocod

wouldnt this thread be better in the gaming section so we can all keep chatting about the master system?

i used to have a master system back in the day, i got thrown out of my house, went back to my dads for a while, then moved into another shared house and ended up swapping it for a large collection of punk 7"s

fantasy zone was he game i mostly remember from that time, great little shoot em up

damn good collection, ive still got my master system 1 and a few of those games, think it needs "testing " again very very soon lol

I will warn you though, lots of modern TV's won't let you play it.. and soon (about another 10 years) no new TV's will be able to as once the analogue signals are all turned off, they will no longer have analogue tuners built in, which will mean you can't 'tune in' the old consoles..

Thankfully though, there are ways of converting them to a composite, or rgb (component) signal...

Plenty of old CRT tv's about. Them tv's will be around for years to come. Unlike the pathetic HD LCD, LED & Plasma tv's.

Plenty of old CRT tv's about. Them tv's will be around for years to come. Unlike the pathetic HD LCD, LED & Plasma tv's.

it is gonna get harder tho, stock up on 1 or 2 now lol, once EVERYBODY has newer tvs and digital signals the more older tvs are gonna get "tipped" and the less will be about, 20, 30 years time?

i have a small portable one in the bedroom for my main consoles, also lucky cos our lcd one in the living room also works ok with consoles and mi vic 20, c64, zx speccy etc

it is gonna get harder tho, stock up on 1 or 2 now lol, once EVERYBODY has newer tvs and digital signals the more older tvs are gonna get "tipped" and the less will be about, 20, 30 years time?

i have a small portable one in the bedroom for my main consoles, also lucky cos our lcd one in the living room also works ok with consoles and mi vic 20, c64, zx speccy etc

I'm ok, got a little portable black & white tv (a very old vintage 1 handed to me by my grandad when I was a little nipper), 4 portable tv's 1 21" tv and a 28" widescreen dolby surround sound tv which I'm using now.

I'm ok, got a little portable black & white tv (a very old vintage 1 handed to me by my grandad when I was a little nipper), 4 portable tv's 1 21" tv and a 28" widescreen dolby surround sound tv which I'm using now.

IF i ever get a house with an extra bedroom, for my retro gear / records, cds etc i want 3 or so crt tellies so i can have mi computers / consoles set out instead of boxed in the loft, so i can plug in switch on and play

i used to have a small b/w portable that was in my mum and dads house in the kitchen back int he 80s, got rid of it a few years back tho, shouldve kept it now, could run it off a car battery lol