Sega master system!

never having seen the various models in the flesh, just wondered if they might have an additional number or someat on the seriel number or someplace

just like most of the ones i saw on ebay dont mention which game is inbuilt

never having seen the various models in the flesh, just wondered if they might have an additional number or someat on the seriel number or someplace

just like most of the ones i saw on ebay dont mention which game is inbuilt

There will be revision numbers on them. But to my knowledge, they are all the same, none differ from others.

where can i get a sega master system cheap with alex the kid! :)

This used to be one of my pet peeves when I was a kid, it's "Alex Kidd" not "Alex the kid" !!!

(that was the character's name)

:rant:

UK master system 2 only has Sonic the hedgehog built in.

i know because i have a Sega Master System. dont know about the master system 1

I had sega master system 2 with alex kidd built in. Not sonic.

I had a mark 1 mastersystem with some sort of 3D game built in. I never had the peripheral to play on it. Later had a mark 2 with alex kidd. Fun times! the rock paper scissors bosses were easy once you figured out the pattern. Hours of fun with me mate.

I only have the converter these days and just a couple of games (sonic, sonic 2 and sonic chaos).

A fun little system! but really now it is just easier to emulate it on such as retroarch, or kega. With a usb adapter to use your megadrive controllers, you're sorted.

I'm still uhm-ing and ah-ing about getting one with the Choplifter cart, best version there was back then. I'll probably buy the arcade PCB at some stage instead, it'll soon be cheaper than the consolse and cart :rolleyes:

We had a 'pyramid' Mk1 when they first came out, that had hang-on built-in.

I don't see mastersystem game prices going NES scale. As for the arcade PCB, it will be harder to maintain than a mastersystem cart.

If your soldering skills are decent though, then it wont be much of an issue.