Chapeltown Academy

Sorry, I wasn't aware of any 'bull' in this information. We will if the schools is approved be recruiting teachers with track records and in terms of salary this is not the sort of information that would be available at such a premature stage. Positions would be advertised at a later stage.

Is this an example of the English that will prevail at the Chap Cad?The person asked the question how which you have ignored,and it is like punching a sheet a paper pinned to a washing-line.Are you Bob Diamond by any chance?

Is this an example of the English that will prevail at the Chap Cad?The person asked the question how which you have ignored,and it is like punching a sheet a paper pinned to a washing-line.Are you Bob Diamond by any chance?

Could it be that getting this proposal off the ground is the main concern at the moment and that being at such a early stage cannot fully answer the questions?.

Surely choice for 16-19 yr olds is a good thing and helping to back such academy can only be positive?

Edited by sheffieldvic

I'll just add I only found out about it from the Sheffield Forum as had the lady at the front who spoke up near the end. Shame on the local schools for not passing on the info to parents - we have a right to be given any information in relation to our children's education and options for provision.

Here here.....

i really feel people play 'god' with information (glad you liked my rant at the meeting)

The school would be based in the Chapeltown area however we can not say at this stage exactly where. Our initial priority has to gather evidence to show the government that there is sufficient demand from pupils to justify the opening of this school.

I can't think of any suitable school type building in the area! ( Then again, this is available! )

Could it be that getting this proposal off the ground is the main concern at the moment and that being at such a early stage cannot fully answer the questions?.

Surely choice for 16-19 yr olds is a good thing and helping to back such academy can only be positive?

Any new institution would have implications for existing providers,transport infrastructure etc. so your claim that choice is good seems a little naive to me.

AFAIK there is no 6th form setting such as the one being proposed in the north of the city. On the other hand in the south of the city if your gcse grades are good enough you carry on thru into your school 6th form to do A levels. If you live in the north you have to apply and then travel to study in a 6th form setting. I would like my child to have a choice of going to this type of setting if he decides to go onto A level. I'm not sure wanting such a choice is in any way naive.

Any new institution would have implications for existing providers,transport infrastructure etc. so your claim that choice is good seems a little naive to me.[/quote

why?? there is no 6th form in Chapeltown... and why Naive? business plans would have already been looked at before consultation...thats the way it works

Having been to the website, I'm a little surprised to find that absolutely no information is given about the individuals behind this proposal. No names; no track record; no qualifications.......... nothing.

When choosing primary, secondary, post-16 and university education with my older children, we have always fully researched the background. With another child yet to make a post-16 choice, I would expect a lot more information to be in the public domain.

I note that it's a Limited Company - thus, presumably, profit-making - and there's no suggestion that it is to be established either as a charity or a non-profit- making educational trust.

Guest sibon
Sorry, I wasn't aware of any 'bull' in this information.

I take it that you wont be offering an A level in Critical Thinking then.:rolleyes:

We will if the schools is approved be recruiting teachers with track records and in terms of salary this is not the sort of information that would be available at such a premature stage. Positions would be advertised at a later stage.

Why not. If parents are going to back you and pledge their support, surely they will want to know how you intend to recruit high quality Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Language teachers. They won't come cheap.

Having been to the website, I'm a little surprised to find that absolutely no information is given about the individuals behind this proposal. No names; no track record; no qualifications.......... nothing.

Indeed. As is often they way with these sort of things. Flashy website. Nice soundbites. Little or no substance.

I am very sorry but I have been biting my tongue for days prior to posting on this but my patience is now running thin! I am sincerely upset about the tone of these recent comments on Chapeltown Academy and disturbed about the so called 'concerns' about this college as commented on by fellow forumers.

First of all I am a teacher of 21 years experience and at the same time I have sons who would be able to attend this Academy. I attended the Parents' meeting at Tankersley on Thursday Evening [ very interesting to say the least]. Until I attended this meeting I was unaware that one of the supporters/ leaders of the Academy is known to me. She is a highly intelligent woman with an excellent teaching/ exam track record and I know that she would not support any establishment which was not pro student. At the end of the day, what is this about? Personal satisfaction/gratification or student and parent choice? Furthermore I have been a sixth form mentor as well as a teacher of A level for 20 years. I have been writing references for UCAS for the past 6 years and this Academy is doing something which I applaud- not just looking at grades for entry at University but extra-curricular experience. As it becomes more and more difficult for any student who wants to go to university to establish this, I believe that this is an amazing support for students in North Sheffield! Please support!

Totally agree Marshygirl. The least people should be is open-minded! Any sort of choice is a blessing, and looking round at the options given to the local kids wanting to further their education, choice is something that is sadly lacking. I'd like to attend the next meeting, to find out more about it all.

I have heard it will be in September. Thank you for the support Brunette! After so much negativity, it was refreshing!x