Chapeltown Academy

We get a chance to see what could be in place for the students on the north side of Sheffield, if you have signed up look on the web page for the next existing chapter of this amazing educational opportunity.

Edited by pgage75

NO,as I have dyslexia, as if you couldn't tell. Lol

Half the people on the internet seem to have dyslexia.

As nice as it is that people of Sheffield forum which to talk about dyslexic I which for people to note and see what awaits for our children and their education, with all the changes that the government wish to do.we need the best for our children

I live in CHapeltown and has a 10 year old daughter who I wish to attend Ecclesfield School just like I did. I have to say I never knew such thing was going to happen and have not informed by my daughters school of these possible changes. I do hope the chances of my daughter being able to attend the school is not affected if they are trying to reach out to south barnsley as well as Stocksbridge etc.

Half the people on the internet seem to have dyslexia.

and the other half actually it have!

I honestly do not know where your planning to put this as the only spare land if you could call it that, is on the hill of Lound side where the old job center used to be.

I live in CHapeltown and has a 10 year old daughter who I wish to attend Ecclesfield School just like I did. I have to say I never knew such thing was going to happen and have not informed by my daughters school of these possible changes. I do hope the chances of my daughter being able to attend the school is not affected if they are trying to reach out to south barnsley as well as Stocksbridge etc.

Hi there Muffin12 , Chapeltown Academy will be for A level provision only and it's catchment will be the North of Sheffield and parts of Barnsley. The Academy has no bearing whatsoever on the secondary schools admissions policy so you have no worries there.

What is concerning is that most of the secondaries in the North of the City have closed ranks and will not even inform parents at the schools of the proposal for a new choice in A level provision , with Ecclesfield being the fiercest opponent to the scheme. In contrast Kirk Balk school in Barnsley has been happy to host information events and share the proposals with its students and parents. It worries me that schools have decided for their own reasons - to withhold this info from their cohort as I don't see how they have any right or justification for doing it.

Regards

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 09:56 ----------

Ps for anyone who is interested there is an information event at The Source at Meadowhall on Sat 2nd March to give more info about Life at Chapeltown Academy / you can go to the website and sign up to attend if you would like to know more about it.