Chapeltown Academy

Thank you again for a very informative meeting,its a shame lots of parents missed this opportunity as not all local schools are reaching out and working together :loopy:

A meeting is a good idea however, it is advisable to let people know and more importantly don't have one on the same night as a public consultation meeting about the planning application for the proposed reclaimation of Hesley Wood Spoil heap.

I think the organisers did try and let people know but this was probably not helped by most of the local schools not being willing to share the info for whatever reason. I really don't think a clash with a planning application meeting would have significantly affected attendance, in any event the room was full and some were standing.

I think the idea is fabulous and will support it wholeheartedly. I fought and failed to get my eldest in a school with a 6th form as I know he is academic and statistics prove that a 6th form environment achieves the best results. I know that living in the north side that to even have the choice to go to an educational establishment such as the one being proposed would be amazing, and even if my son who will go into y9 in sept does not choose the A level route I believe he should have that choice - just as people in the south of the city do.

I'll just add I only found out about it from the Sheffield Forum as had the lady at the front who spoke up near the end. Shame on the local schools for not passing on the info to parents - we have a right to be given any information in relation to our children's education and options for provision.

Edited by mrsb73

Where will this be located?

Guest sibon
Yes, please visit: http://www.chapeltownacademy.com

Parents of pupils, especially year 8 and 9 are invited to a meeting at Tankersley Manor on Thursday at 7pm where we will be explaining in more detail the plans for the sixth form.

How are you proposing to recruit high quality, experienced A level teachers? What sort of salary will you be offering?

Thank you for the positive comments and a very special thanks to the lady who spoke out tonight at the meeting. We are absolutely committed as a team to ensuring this choice of sixth form provision becomes a reality to pupils in the area. We are trying to communicate this message and we hope that support will grow across the community however not all Head Teachers are willing to forward this information to parents. If you are interested in finding out more please visit http://www.chapeltownacademy.com and express your interest so we can keep you informed of meetings and developments.

Thank you again for a very informative meeting,its a shame lots of parents missed this opportunity as not all local schools are reaching out and working together :loopy:

Thank you for your support. Please spread the word and inform people of our site: http://www.chapeltownacademy.com.

We will be holding forthcoming meetings.

Guest sibon
Thank you for your support. Please spread the word and inform people of our site: http://www.chapeltownacademy.com.

We will be holding forthcoming meetings.

Lets cut through all the bull and ask a key question one more time. I'm sure that your prospective customers would like to know the answer:

How are you proposing to recruit high quality, experienced A level teachers? What sort of salary will you be offering?

Lets cut through all the bull and ask a key question one more time. I'm sure that your prospective customers would like to know the answer:

Where a person fails to answer a question I always assume they would say something like this

"We have no concrete plans for recruitment,and this is because all our efforts have been focused on our vision,which we believe is more important than the more mundane issues you refer to."

Where will this be located?

The school would be based in the Chapeltown area however we can not say at this stage exactly where. Our initial priority has to gather evidence to show the government that there is sufficient demand from pupils to justify the opening of this school.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of any 'bull' in this information. We will if the schools is approved be recruiting teachers with track records and in terms of salary this is not the sort of information that would be available at such a premature stage. Positions would be advertised at a later stage.