Chapeltown Academy

Did you see the news in the Telegraph yesterday on the proposed Chapeltown Academy sixth form college?

This is about giving local students life enhancing opportunities!

Please attend our meeting on Thursday 19th July at Tankersley Manor at 7pm if you have children or are in year 8 or 9.

will this be one of the new free schools?

This is a proposed free school opening 2014. Contrary to other posts we are genuinely passionate about the sustainability of the project. It's not just about the kids of the present, hopefully the Academy will be a lasting and positive presence in the community.

Thank you to all the people who responded positively yesterday to our discussions about the proposed new Sixth form college - we met people in Penistone, Stocksbridge, Chapeltown, High Green and Ecclesfield. We hope to see some of you at the meeting on Thursday at Tankersley Manor! Please ask parents to visit our website if they have children in year 8 or 9 in the North of Sheffield or the South of Barnsley.

this is the first I've heard about this, have you got more info, or a website?

Threads merged. One thread per topic please.

Did you see the news in the Telegraph yesterday on the proposed Chapeltown Academy sixth form college?

Please attend our meeting on Thursday 19th July at Tankersley Manor at 7pm if you have children or are in year 8 or 9.

Do you mean a good education or a chance to meet Alan Sugar?

this is the first I've heard about this, have you got more info, or a website?

Yes, please visit: http://www.chapeltownacademy.com

Parents of pupils, especially year 8 and 9 are invited to a meeting at Tankersley Manor on Thursday at 7pm where we will be explaining in more detail the plans for the sixth form.

How? Just because you change the name of a place and maybe get funding from a different source it doesn't mean things will change all that much.

How? Just because you change the name of a place and maybe get funding from a different source it doesn't mean things will change all that much.

I thought this was a proposal for a brand new educational establishment to give bright kids the chance to take traditional A levels in a 6th form environment, not the renaming or rebranding of any existing establishment, unless I have read this the wrong way. If it is what I think it is then I'm all for it and think it is a much needed thing for the north of the city.

I thought this was a proposal for a brand new educational establishment to give bright kids the chance to take traditional A levels in a 6th form environment, not the renaming or rebranding of any existing establishment, unless I have read this the wrong way. If it is what I think it is then I'm all for it and think it is a much needed thing for the north of the city.

Yes, you are absolutely correct - this is about a new high performing sixth form that is not currently in the north of the city and as you correctly state, is much needed. Those currently keen to study in a rigorous A level environment are having to travel to other parts of the city or even as far as Huddersfield.

If you know of 13/14 year olds who are currently at one of the secondary schools in the north and who may be interested in finding out more, please direct them to our website at: http://www.chapeltownacademy.com . For anyone interested in coming to our information evening on Thursday please log your interest there.

Ok I take that back, I didn't realise.