Any free web hosting for Charities?

Anyone know of any places that offer free web hosting for charities, societies, 'friends of' etc? I mean proper hosting, without adverts and pop-ups.

Anyone know of any places that offer free web hosting for charities, societies, 'friends of' etc? I mean proper hosting, without adverts and pop-ups.

I thought YOU could offer free web hosting to charities as mentioned in your previous thread?

In particular, your’e reply to my post “I am trying to ascertain peoples opinion as to how much of an issue this is. I will PM you the site in question if you want me to. I don't have all the facts myself but it's a charity close to my heart and I don't like to see them paying over the odds, PARTICULARLY WHEN I CAN GET THEM FREE HOSTING”

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at you at all! BUT..

Are we going over old ground here Bloomdido?

If you want to offer free hosting to charities etc, go ahead and do it!

People still have bills to pay and it is up to them if they decide to sponsor/make concessions for a particular charity that is close to their heart.

I don't know of any Company that advertises its self with a "We give free hosting to charities" though.

Personally I would give free hosting if I thought it was a worthwhile charity but that is down to personal opinion I guess.

Here's your old thread should you need reminding -

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1013319

Google reveals BT Community Web Kit

About BT Community Web Kit

Creating your own web site for your charity or community group might sound like a daunting task but with BT Community Web Kit, it couldn't be easier.

Simply click on the "Register for an Account" button and complete the four-step Registration Form. Once you’ve done that, it's time for the creative bit - choose your layout, settings, pages and enter your content. You can even choose from a range of colours to reflect your logo and give it your site that personal touch.

As part of BT Community Web Kit you'll receive:

Free website hosting

Free website addresses

The choice of 8 templates with five or 15 colour themes depending on the template selected

1 free format template

Enough space for unlimited pages and up to 500 pictures

Templates and colour options for all your content

An easy-to-use Page Editor or an HTML Editor if you’re technically minded

Free technical support

Welsh language options

If you have any questions our "Help" page has lots of answers to common queries. But if you really are stuck, our team of helpful people are on hand to provide free technical support.

BT Community Web Kit. Make the most of being online.

I must say I don't know about the ads/popups possibility though.

Edited by Draggletail

Dear Bass Man, I am not able to offer services on this forum however free they may be. I do happen to have a lot of web hosting available that I would like to put to good use. My background was in the Charity sector until I set-up my own business last year.

My social enterprise can provide free and accessible Internet options for not-for-profits and cheap hosting for anyone else.

Please excuse me for trying to do some market reaseach on here. I was trying to test the market to see if anyone would bite but you found me out.

Dear Bass Man, I am not able to offer services on this forum however free they may be. I do happen to have a lot of web hosting available that I would like to put to good use. My background was in the Charity sector until I set-up my own business last year.

My social enterprise can provide free and accessible Internet options for not-for-profits and cheap hosting for anyone else.

Please excuse me for trying to do some market reaseach on here. I was trying to test the market to see if anyone would bite but you found me out.

Dear Bloomdido, I am aware that we are not allowed to advertise our services on SF and don't believe that you or I were trying to do that at all.

As for "I was trying to test the market to see if anyone would bite but you found me out", I don't understand what you mean?

I am still unclear as to what you actually want to achieve despite your "Market research" but if I can help I will.

I stated that I would be willing to offer free hosting to a charity close to my heart and I would be willing to discuss with you any projects that you have in mind if you would like to PM me.

If I have caused offence I do apologise, it certainly wasn't my intention.

Bass Man

PS: Nice ad btw, you owe me one! "My social enterprise can provide free and accessible Internet options for not-for-profits and cheap hosting for anyone else". ;-)

Edited by Bass Man
typo

We do offer free hosting for charities.

Drop me a PM with some details :)

We do offer free hosting for charities.

Drop me a PM with some details :)

Its good news! as I am trying to find some free host for charity.