Conservatories - Recommendations & advice Megathread No quotes or ads

Avoid any company that advertises on TV/radio. The good companies get their business by word of mouth.

Hi all,

I've had a look through the recommended tradesmen post briefly but couldn't find much.

Can anyone recommend any companies for coming to quote for a conservatory build. Would prefer local (Sheffield/Rotherham), well-reputable, independent tradesmen as opposite to the bigger companies.

Please PM me.

Many thanks

Do not use Outlook Design.

Edited by top4718

Hi,

I've just had very nice large one done from Just Trade Windows excluding base cost was £6000 with nice stained glass effect windows and doors. Shame the builders have not finished the floors and the rest of the job. Ran off with lot of my money.

You are welcome to view, just send me PM for address.

Builders were Elan Building Services - Rastislav aka 'John'

Edited by hussain13

I've just had large one done from Just Trade Windows excluding base cost was £6000 with nice stained glass effect windows and doors. Shame the builders have not finished the floors and the rest of the job. Ran off with lot of my money.

You are welcome to view, just send me PM for address.

Builders were Elan Building Services - Rastislav aka 'John'

HI,

Get in touch with me, we will give you a very good price and references, but can't fit you in for atleast 6 weeks but could measure up and have all work done and dusted within a week.

Free quotation

Regards BADGER

I built my own using a kit from B&Q. It was a doddle. The price includued a days training at the factory where they make them. You could probably get a local handyman/builder to put it up for you if you aren't very DIY inclined.

Are you simple minded . What about foundations would not let you put a rabbit hutch up

Edited by spider1

LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN ERECT A CONSERVATORY

WE WILL BUILD THE DWARF WALL AND SUPPLY THE CONSERVATORY WE NEED SOMEONE TO FIT IT, AN EDWARDIAN 3M X 3M POLYCARBONATE ROOF.

DOES ANYONE KNOW SOMEONE THAT DOES THIS AND HOW MUCH THEY CHARGE, THANKS ALL IN ADVANCE.

MY EMAIL IS [email protected]

Good on you the foundations are the important stage

Conservatories look very nice but are not all that practical - often too hot in summer and too cold in winter. Furnishings tend to fade due to the sunlight. A garden room with a proper roof on might be a tad more expensive but much more practical and usable.