Mixed venues in south yorkshire- your favourites

I've said often enough that I really enjoy fishing at Aston Springs KJS pond 5 as far as I'm concerned it's the dogs.

Pegs are similar with loads of fish across or in the near margin. Best pegs are peg 1, peg 34 on the outer and peg 48 on the inner.

Best fished with if you can reach the pole if not a feeder, 48 is closer to the far bank & the peg that's favourite on matches, from the end of the strip it's best to fish toward either peg 1 or peg 34 on the outer. Bait wise whatever you're comfortable with I prefer a hard banded pellet on a method. It's not difficult just keep your casting tight.

what do you make of the newer ponds at the bottom/entrance area ? not sure if these are part of the same fishery?

The ponds you mention Chris are the ones I fish.

I don't fish the other ponds Alex's Park ponds, stable is the first of his all below that pond belong to KJS Spring ponds.

I think for me the Spring fishery is by far the better fishery but Alex seems to put a lot of effort in to try to get his Park fishery up to scratch.

If Ken is just lucky I don't know or care really I just know as far as I'm concerned Ken holds all the aces in the fisheries pot.

The only fault I have with pond 5 is this year there's been a short walk created for kids & with his shop and food place it's a little like fishing at Crystal Peaks, but the i pod sorts that out.

The ponds you mention Chris are the ones I fish.

I don't fish the other ponds Alex's Park ponds, stable is the first of his all below that pond belong to KJS Spring ponds.

I think for me the Spring fishery is by far the better fishery but Alex seems to put a lot of effort in to try to get his Park fishery up to scratch.

If Ken is just lucky I don't know or care really I just know as far as I'm concerned Ken holds all the aces in the fisheries pot.

The only fault I have with pond 5 is this year there's been a short walk created for kids & with his shop and food place it's a little like fishing at Crystal Peaks, but the i pod sorts that out.

ah right, i wondered which was which. there is a small pond which looks nice but would only hold a few anglers, and a snake type lake, right at the bottom. is that the one you fish?

The snake that's the one pond 5. I do fish the smaller one pond 4 if pond 5 is matched but mostly if this happens I go to Side Farm.

I fished Lilly's the other week, decided to use the cafe first, I popped through to the tackle shop and bought some pellets (in a bag) I went back to wait for breakfast (only me in at the time)and was reading the back of the packet when suddenly! I was told to put the pellets on the floor or take them out side, on asking why, I was told they might make someone ill by being on the table, . Completely over the top, I was ready to say :shove the breakfast up your arse! but decided to take my trade elsewhere instead. Won'tbe going there again.

little howbrook in howbrook village is now fishable on a day ticket (£4). plenty of fish to be caught although the carp and tench are new stock and are very small. it's a good choice of water for when the weather isn't so good, being in a dip and surrounded by trees it's very sheltered.

Who's the baliff on there now? Used to be a kid called Dave who also did the small place nr Tankersley golf club.

i'm a big lover of mixed venues where carp arent the only catch, and you can expect a proper mixed bag, ie small baits and tactics for loads of silvers and then carp/bream/tench/ide on bigger baits and tactics.

how about listing your favourite mixed venue, methods used and baits etc?

i'll start with

Clearwater- Mattersey road, near Ranskill. short pole (margin and 4m) for F1s, bream to 2lb, odd small tench, ide to almost 3lb, roach, skimmers, and proper carp to double figures.

bait- caster, banded pellet, corn, yet to try chopped worm and caster to see if it works. meat is banned. pellet waggler and feeder across to far side on some pegs is a killer method.

as far as I know all sheffield venues are mixed,the sport is attracting more and more women and some are catching quite well,but arent as good at it as men are

kjs's forgotten west end lake is mainly fished by elderly women these days,but is mainly just a plaice to meet and chat as the stock is verylow.

Try the chopped worm at Clearwater,its lethal also luncheon meat is a winner when the balif isn't around,mag and wag in margins for some monster summer carps

i lived just over the back from loxley fisheries for most of my growing up and that holds some great barbel. always caught em on straight lead with a chunk of meat over a bed of hemp. If you're ever on holiday over this way (blackpool) get yourself up to highfields in hambleton for carp to 20+ on oak and a decent mixed bag on beech n ash. cubes of meat pole fished will score well as will pellet. fish corn for skimmers big roach and tench on ash. whitmore is pretty good with lakes that stock everything (near kirkham 10 minutes out of blackpool).

Clearwater lakes.

Bream

Chub

Hybrids

Roach

Perch

Ide

Had all these today

I fished Lowfield Lakes at Bolton on Dearne yesterday. There are three ponds on site, all containing carp but also a good head of silvers. Matches are held but one pond is always left for pleasure anglers. Day tickets are &6 but half price on Mondays.

Is ecclesfield dam open all year round