Mixed venues in south yorkshire- your favourites

worsborough nr. barnsley. i can't give precise directions as i don't know names of roads etc. i just go on autopilot like most places i fish regularly!

worsborough-another old fav of mine. havent fished it for over a decade. hows it doing these days?

we used to get bream on long range feeder tactics and roach on pole. always had a reputation for odd car break in though.:(

once drew next to tommy pickering when he was at his best on there and he was double hooking and getting 2 skimmers out at once every so often! :)

Edited by ChrisT70

worsborough nr. barnsley. i can't give precise directions as i don't know names of roads etc. i just go on autopilot like most places i fish regularly!

just found some info on lewden springs, altho no directions other than its at wosbrough dale ? looks like another decent mixed fishery we have local.

does it get matched up a lot, and where is it Dave?

You follow the road around Wos'bro then take the right turn just after, head up that road for a short distance and take another right, this road takes you to the fishery but it can be missed as its on a bend with a bridge, its to your right as you see the bridge.

Side Farm; a good stock of Ide also Skimmers, F1s, Crucians, Carp, Tench & Perch.

Aston; also stuffed with Ide, Barble, Simmers & Carp.

Both on the door step of Sheffield at a decent day ticket.

where is Side farm please, not heard of that one?

and which pond at Aston, i get confused with the amount of fisheries within that complex and who owns what! :)

You follow the road around Wos'bro then take the right turn just after, head up that road for a short distance and take another right, this road takes you to the fishery but it can be missed as its on a bend with a bridge, its to your right as you see the bridge.

cheers for that. have fished the canal at worsbro dip yrs ago (cant remember why lol!)

where is Side farm please, not heard of that one?

and which pond at Aston, i get confused with the amount of fisheries within that complex and who owns what! :)

Side Farm Laughton Common Dinnington.

Aston KJS pond 5.

Both these fisheries have no stupid rules like use fishery own pellets, unlike most.

worsborough-another old fav of mine. havent fished it for over a decade. hows it doing these days?

we used to get bream on long range feeder tactics and roach on pole. always had a reputation for odd car break in though.:(

once drew next to tommy pickering when he was at his best on there and he was double hooking and getting 2 skimmers out at once every so often! :)

i used to fish the wednesday night matches alongside pickering, white, clegg etc. until i had my car done over. i was quite a regular then but i stopped going for a while. like most anglers, i now park over the other side near the farm.

loxley fisheries is a good mixed venue aswell, carp chub, barbel, bream feeder, waggler pole, fishing well at moment aswell gunna av a trip up in next couple of weeks.

forget to mention its just past malin bridge on way to dam flask(think its bradfield rd???)

hoping this might be made a sticky for future reference if worth it, newcomers can then see all the venues in one clear post?

Would be useful as a sticky, but would need cleaning up a bit with all the info on different posts regarding the same fishery. Could be a good idea though.

loxley fisheries is a good mixed venue aswell, carp chub, barbel, bream feeder, waggler pole, fishing well at moment aswell gunna av a trip up in next couple of weeks.

review of loxley in this months pole angler magazine :)

howbrook and westwood in the high green area are two nice fisheries. both have a good mix of species. newbiggin is another but there aren't many pegs.