Mixed venues in south yorkshire- your favourites

i'm a big lover of mixed venues where carp arent the only catch, and you can expect a proper mixed bag, ie small baits and tactics for loads of silvers and then carp/bream/tench/ide on bigger baits and tactics.

how about listing your favourite mixed venue, methods used and baits etc?

i'll start with

Clearwater- Mattersey road, near Ranskill. short pole (margin and 4m) for F1s, bream to 2lb, odd small tench, ide to almost 3lb, roach, skimmers, and proper carp to double figures.

bait- caster, banded pellet, corn, yet to try chopped worm and caster to see if it works. meat is banned. pellet waggler and feeder across to far side on some pegs is a killer method.

Edited by ChrisT70
location of venue added.

hoping this might be made a sticky for future reference if worth it, newcomers can then see all the venues in one clear post?

lakeside at ranskill, got a tremendous ammount of chub in it and some lovely bream and only a few carp in comparison

Side Farm; a good stock of Ide also Skimmers, F1s, Crucians, Carp, Tench & Perch.

Aston; also stuffed with Ide, Barble, Skimmers & Carp.

Both on the door step of Sheffield at a decent day ticket.

Edited by sheff 13
typo

Do's Clearwater get busy on Sunday's ?

Lewden springs and Carterhall (top pond) both full of silvers, ide, skimmers, tench etc. but still have decent carp in and both crackin venues.

Do's Clearwater get busy on Sunday's ?

yes but they always leave pegs spare for pleasure, its never fully matched up. be there early tho to make sure. nice venue, 9foot deep at 4m. 3ft deep on margin rig at least!

Lewden springs and Carterhall (top pond) both full of silvers, ide, skimmers, tench etc. but still have decent carp in and both crackin venues.

i went up to Caterhall on sunday for a look round and its fishing well, loads of ide/roach etc and skimmers coming out. lovely looking little venue, havent fished it yet but will give it a go. catching on 2ft deep shallow rig with double maggot right upto reeds/lillies, apparently worm and caster on bottom is another good method there.

might be worth us putting some info as to where the venues are? i dont know where Lewden springs is?

whats the methods/depth like at lewden?

lakeside at ranskill, got a tremendous ammount of chub in it and some lovely bream and only a few carp in comparison

favourite peg/method? have caught loads of ide/bream on shallow rig with caster there when i fished it. great venue, bit busy at times.

Lewden is a chop worm on deck or maggot shallow for the ide, meat will catch you carp and tench from the margins. Its quite deep around 6ft at the car park end but shallows up towards the top end.

Lewden is a chop worm on deck or maggot shallow for the ide, meat will catch you carp and tench from the margins. Its quite deep around 6ft at the car park end but shallows up towards the top end.

does it get matched up a lot, and where is it Dave?

worsborough nr. barnsley. i can't give precise directions as i don't know names of roads etc. i just go on autopilot like most places i fish regularly!