Sheffielders sense of humour

You got to have a sense of humour.........................Being a blade.:D

Like I said shane its a pre-requisite lol

Like I said shane its a pre-requisite lol

Could be worse....Being a Rangers fan..

Could be worse....Being a Rangers fan..

it makes one wonder from where came this brand, i think mine came from my dad who had like most yorkshire had a very dry dead pan sense of humour,:):) in the past mine as got me into some trouble

mine gets me in to all kinds of bother with our gurtie she still takes every thing I say to hart , even though weve been together 20 years , just shows ya these scousers arnt as funny as they think.

It makes for interesting reading coming from another part of the country lol

I think that a dry sense of humour is a characteristic of many Sheffield folk. So is this unfortunate,

"summat bad might happen"

philosophy, which makes a lot of Sheffielder's appear to always err on the side of negativity.

Maybe there's some historical reason for it? Maybe it's a feature of it being a place where people have had to work hard for little reward and have not seen their city develop as well as some of the neighbouring cities. A feeling of being a bit hard done to perhaps?

Before you attack me for being a Derbyshire oik I'd just point out that I consider myself a "Sheffielder" of sorts - and as a Blade I was interested to hear that most Sheffieldish of Sheffielders, Neil Warnock, complain about the same thing. Folks always seeing the glass as half-empty.

It is a trait I'm afraid - thank God most have a dry sense of humour to offset it!

Anybody would feel hard done by if they'd had to have their holidays at Kelham Island.