Is it worth selling children's clothes at a car boot sale

Your opinions please

Is it worth selling child's clothes at a car boot sale - before you ask I do give to charity on a regular basis - but these items are really nice and could do with the cash for us and we will be selling good items at very low prices (50p a garment). Got lots and also kiddie's learning DVDs. Am I wasting my time?

No, but based upon my experience of trying to sell them, and buying them, try to get a clothes rail and little hangers, price things clearly too x

Hi Deb

I can't help with your query but if you do decide to go to a car boot sale, we have a massive thread here with lots of useful information.

Selling at that price ,i would reckon they will sell easily,go for it.

No, you can sell clothes pretty easily on a car boot. 50p-£1 seems to be as much as people are willing to pay though.

Kids toys go well.

Depends on the brand as well. More designery stuff can sell quite well on eBay.

In my experience yes. You could try the selling pages of netmums and other baby websites but even then you don't get much. EBay is your best bet but you're best off doing bundles. I've tried to sell bits in the past but when you're getting offered £1/£1.50 for a Boden dress (for example) that cost £22 and was barely worn cos LO's grow so quickly, it makes you think what's the point? I'd rather keep it and pass it on to somebody I know will appreciate it. I've been keeping my stuff lately as I'm about to pop again and I don't know if I'm gonna need girl or boy stuff. Whichever i have I'll soon be needing to have a MASSIVE clearout of the other. I love kids clothes and always go crazy every season but I'm not prepared to virtually give it away for pennies at carboot sales or on eBay, I'd rather give it to charity. I've learned people can be cheeky when it comes to pre-loved things. Good luck x

Your opinions please

Is it worth selling child's clothes at a car boot sale - before you ask I do give to charity on a regular basis - but these items are really nice and could do with the cash for us and we will be selling good items at very low prices (50p a garment). Got lots and also kiddie's learning DVDs. Am I wasting my time?

I always resell my girls gear in little plastic bags,folded,and priced in pastel colours.Its a good idea to put out some books etc. to create a positive image.

M thanks for your advice - just waiting for some good weather to do a car boot now!! D

I have found that clothes are not popular at car boot sales, although I have not done one for several years. The best way to make a little bit of money, I find, is through the second hand clothing sales. They have them regularly, like the one at St Thomas in Crookes, and the one at Fulwood. They sell the items for you at the event, and then they keep 30% of the money. I find these are a really successful way of getting rid of outgrown clothes, freeing up some wardrobe space, and getting a bit of cash to buy the new stuff. They are reallly popular! Particularly the Fulwood one.

I used to buy loads of clothes from car boots for my kids. Kids grow so quickly most of them were like new.