Netherthorpe - what do you think of the area ?

See PM inbox. Thank you and goodnight.

I would rather see this discussion carry on in public as it interests me!

I would like some references to the statistics t020 mentions, web links or other sources would be fine.

I've lived in Netherthorpe for 15 years, two different parts over that time, and am surprised at the image some people have of the area.

Over that time I have been a victim of crime in the area, crime which I reported and is presumably part of the crime statistics for the Walkley ward (the ward Netherthorpe is in). Someone stole a blanket from my council garage, that's it, no damage to my bike, no other property taken, just an old blanket.

I've never seen any violence, used needles or anything else untoward over that fifteen years.

Cheers

I would like some references to the statistics t020 mentions, web links or other sources would be fine.

I don't think the statistics exist.

As far as I'm aware crime stats only go down to local authority level, not ward level.

Try googling "neighbourhood statistics" for a link to the government website.

I don't think the statistics exist.

As far as I'm aware crime stats only go down to local authority level, not ward level.

Try googling "neighbourhood statistics" for a link to the government website.

I was hoping t020 would give a reference to the statistics _he_ is quoting. I have looked at the South Yorks Police web site, local council and also googled and can find nothing along the lines he is suggesting. I think it would be fair to know the actual source quoted!

I was hoping t020 would give a reference to the statistics _he_ is quoting. I have looked at the South Yorks Police web site, local council and also googled and can find nothing along the lines he is suggesting. I think it would be fair to know the actual source quoted!

I'm glad I'm not the only one finding these difficult to track down. Depending on their level of detail, I'd be interested to see them too. A link to another thread listing some ward-level crime figures (only total numbers of crimes) has been posted. I'm not sure whether these are the statistics t020 is referring to, though. The different wards cover relatively large areas, and to complicate matters Netherthorpe is split over two - even knowing the total crime figures for the area Netherthorpe is in (ostensibly the purpose of the table) is not possible as a result.

Looks like the statistics are still considered 'none of my business'...