Why can't people cut their hedges?

If you want to get the hand shears out then you can cut ours. I assume you're offering, by posting the thread. Already cut the electric to the house due to a short circuit last time we tried getting the electric ones out.

I had Sheffield Homes come to my house the other week because of my hedges.

Now depending who you spoke to depended on the reason why they had the cheek to come out. Now I was told at the door that it was a complaint that they received, a letter that came out after the visit stated that it was something to do with them driving around the estate and noticed it.

Worst thing is that this 'unknown' caller has made a number of complaints before and all have been proven to be unfounded. Now I say unknown as when I asked first who it was they wasn't allowed to give me their name but confirmed that they had it, and as soon as I mentioned that it states in the tenancy agreement about harassment of others it soon changed to 'they didn't know who the complainant was'......very convenient!

Mine are cut back now and need doing again, but I'm not doing it whilst the weather is like this. Worst thing is whoever it is that has complained hasn't complained about the house a few doors up who's bushes are so overgrown that you have to step onto the road to get past.

I have a very good idea why I keep getting complaints....it seems to be whenever I finally manage to get any repairs done to the house a complaint is made.

LAst year a friend had re-seeded his lawn and they complained about the length of his grass. It was hilarious, he was grumpy about it for months.

Seen some pretty bad cases of pavement encroachment. A near neighbour was ordered to cut his hedge right back has people couldn’t use the pavement.

People can do whatever they want can't they?

People can do whatever they want can't they?

Not exactly.

LAst year a friend had re-seeded his lawn and they complained about the length of his grass. It was hilarious, he was grumpy about it for months.

I can just bloody imagine it!

The guy from Sheffield Homes wished he never opened his mouth when he came here. Having the cheek to tell me it's in the tenancy agreement to keep the garden tidy.......the same tenancy agreement that states that they will do repairs. The same repairs that came to a point that legal action had to be threatened before they did them.

Not exactly.

If it bothers you that much why not cut it for them?

Can't be bothered, stops nosy gits looking in.

So the privet keeps you private.:hihi:

If it bothers you that much why not cut it for them?

You managed to get that it bothered me that much from me saying that people can't exactly do what they want?

If birds are nesting, or might be nesting, in the hedges then it's illegal to trim them until after the chicks have all left.

Quite true. I have four sections of hedge - two are neatly trimmed, but the other two have active nests and will have to be left shamefully unkempt until probably September.

A bit inconvenient, but I don't begrudge the birds. I'd rather have them there than not.

Oh my, don't even get me started on this subject! Someone has complained to the council about my hedges and two other neighbours. Yes, they were slightly over our boundry, but not to an extent that the path was in any blocked. I was raging! Both myself and my husband work full time, we have three small children and I'm pregnant again. Time is severely lacking to get into the garden, but as others have said, the constant rain also hasn't helped! I'd understand if my hedge was blocking the path, I really would, but this was just utterly ridiculous, and I told the guy at the council as much too. Some people really have nothing better to do with their time than complain about other people.

So the privet keeps you private.:hihi:

And my privates keep me riveted.:hihi: