Injured, stray ginger Tom.. Help :(

They tried me yesterday but I was at work, going to phone back so they can bring me a trap

Springfield vets also do quite a bit of RSPCA work, if you've one of those nearer to you

My offer of a trap is still there.

Magsie, I'm a bit worried about the trap as there's quite a few (homed) cats around here, and the injured one just comes every couple of days or so. Do you think it would work?

Hiya Clik, it's difficult I know love. If you have time, say early evenings when you think there is more chance of him coming, I do have a remote control trap which can be used in fine weather. It works on a remote control like a tv, can be used from inside the house with the trap outside and when the cat you want enters the trap, you press the remote and the job's done. Peak Vets open till 9pm, last entry 8.30. Poor thing, feel so sorry for him. You just need him to come to your place at a regular time, not easy. You say he comes when everyone else has gone. Would this be a good time to trap him. So hard Clik. x

Hi, what end of S2 are near city road or heeley ? I have a friend who lives near the farm. If he only comes when it is quiet you are probably best with the remote trap that Magsie is on about, you can have a non remote trap but may get others in it so would need monitoring but you could set it when you are around and you would hear it close.

hi how did you get on did the rspca help the poor ginger stray cat poor thing.

I would try the local branch of Cats Protection if it was me .

google Hallam cats Protection as I'm not permitted to post a link

I don't have a lot of faith in the RSPCA where strays are concerned , I'm not sure about their euthanasia policy regarding strays that can't be rehomed

. CP have a policy of treating fostering and rehoming all stray cats that come to them and they have dedicated volunteers that catch and rehome strays