Lower back and tummy pain..?

I would still get it checked out. I had similar symptoms when I had an ovarian cyst a few years ago. Luckily it was monitored and went away by itself but they can burst and be dangerous.

I didnt get constant pain either, it came and went. Go to the docs asap, please.

They are closed today or i really would have... could have gone straight there after my driving lesson (which was terrible btw.. someone bumped into the back of me!! :()

Not having a good time r u???

This might sound a daft question.. do you have any pains in your legs/knees at the same time?

It does sound to me less like the appendix and more like a gynae problem (because of the backache too) eitherway its worth getting it looked at asap (ring the docs and ask for emergency appt if it gets bad again) as it might get more and more complicated and you are FAR too young for that to happen.

If the docs come up with nothing sensible (IBS is a common misdiagnosis for many things) demand a referral so hospital. They won't jsut offer, you have to ask for it nowadays!!!

Take care of yourself,

Em

no im not pressy.. very bad week so far!

No dont have any pains in my legs em.

I will ring the doctors tomorrow and try and get in sometime next week.. just to be sure i guess. have been meaning to go for a while now but was a little concerend about what it might be (see what sufc_tom said)

Cant u nip to the docs next to the library at Manor Top ..... dont think they close Thurs????? .... or phone em..

No dont have any pains in my legs em.

ah ok, i am just aware that ovary pains are often felt in the knees at the same time (due to the position of the nerve running over the ovary to your legs) its a giveaway for ovary probs ;)

good luck with getting it all sorted!

*hugs*

OMG how do u know where i am?! lol.

yeah it does close thursday, i used to be registered there until last year.. unless they have changed their opening hours recently X

Well I didnt get any pains in my legs either, so I dont think it is a typical symptom tbh.

It is fairly common, but not everyone gets it, i've spoken to a lot of people with ovary probs on another site and many feel it in their knees...

...or the docs at Townend ???? or NHS Direct 0845 46 47

Shaun

I had similar pains when I slipped a disk in my lower back...according to my doctor the pain often mainfests around your tummy as well as in your back, due to muscle overuse to compensate for the disc or something (cant remember as it was a few years ago).

At the time I was worried about appendix/gynae problems so it was a relief to have a definite diagnosis (along with orders to stop carting heavy drums about the place).

hope you manage to get an appointment and sort it out...always better to know what it is than hope it goes away on its own!