Lower back and tummy pain..?

Originally posted by SatanInHeels

thanks for advice every1..

the pain has mostly been only quite low down on the right side of my tummy.. in the same spot every time..

now is very bad there and also the bottom of my back aches.. when i stand up it just kinda feels like a lot of pressure downwards :S

Get yourself along to A & E ASAP - please?

This is not sounding good. Get a doctor to examine you.

Good luck.

StarSparkle

I am in an awful lot of pain at the minute in my lower back and abdomen.. has been on and off for weeks but tonight is so bad i am struggling to stand or even sit up properly..

See your GP as soon as possible. Seriously. You're approaching A&E territory if you're struggling to stand.

No one on here will even attempt to tell you what something like that might or might not be.

If it gets worse tonight, at least phone NHS Direct or your GP's out of hours service. The doctor will take you through the symptoms step by step and act accordingly.

Depending on what it is, it could get worse very quickly. Get it looked at straight away. Better to be safe than sorry.

Originally posted by MTheo

i phoned up nhs healthline once.. beacause i was honest about my symptoms they said 'it doesnt sound like much, prob a cold' after a horrible night i demanded to see a doctor and id got tonsilitis... (damn that really hurt!!)

basically being nice gets you nothing, you have to be a dick and push around and demand to see people and lie if need be.

I agree - last year I had 11-day flu (yup, it had a name) but all I knew was that every night my temperature notched up a degree....101..102..103..104...105. Yup, honestly. But each time the doctor arrived (ok, twice) it had dropped and it looked like I was exaggerating. Eventually it passed, but if it had been serious, then by my being too honest ("sometimes it's high, then it drops again") I'd have been history. My sis took me to the NHS walk in, and I was dripping sweat onto the carpet (honestly again!), and the best they could wonder was whether it was hormonal. Doh!

Like I say, it turned out to be nothing. Doubtless if it had been more serious, it'd have been detected. But at the time it was scary.

Oh but, to go back to the OP, GET YOURSELF SEEN GIRL!!! Stop messing around on here, if it's so bad. :suspect:

As appendiceal inflammation increases, it extends through the appendix to its outer covering and then to the lining of the abdomen, a thin membrane called the peritoneum. Once the peritoneum becomes inflamed, the pain changes and then can be localized clearly to one small area. Generally, this area is between the front of the right hip bone and the belly button. The exact point is named after Dr. Charles McBurney--McBurney's point. If the appendix ruptures and infection spreads throughout the abdomen, the pain becomes diffuse again as the entire lining of the abdomen becomes inflamed.

If left untreated, appendicitis is often fatal. Go to hospital.

It sound like IBS( irratable bowel syndrome)

I sometimes suffer with the same symptoms, it felt like I was having labour pains, but best get it checked out.

thanks for advice every1..

the pain has mostly been only quite low down on the right side of my tummy.. in the same spot every time..

At the risk of sounding alarmist, please do something about this now. As JoeP says, if it's something minor then all well and good, but please get it checked out.

I cant go anywhere at the moment as i have no transport or babysitter but am going to go to bed and see how i feel tomorrow.. if i cant sleep or it gets any worse i will get help. thankyou all for your advice, even if it isnt the "it will be fine" that i would rather have heard! X

Bottom right hand side could be appendicitus (especially if you have a fever, nausea etc.) but get yourself to the walk in centre at the Hallamshire before we have to come out there in ballaclavas and a white van to adbuct you and take you there against your will!!!

Bottom right hand side could be appendicitus

thats what i would say,

SatanInHeels,have you seen your gp yet or sought medical advice?

ill come and watch your kids,

I cant go anywhere at the moment as i have no transport or babysitter but am going to go to bed and see how i feel tomorrow.. if i cant sleep or it gets any worse i will get help. thankyou all for your advice, even if it isnt the "it will be fine" that i would rather have heard! X

Are you feeling better this morning? If the pain becomes as bad again, you really need to get it checked out asap.

Havent been to see anyone today as i feel quite a lot better, is more of a dull ache in ma tummy at the moment and i dont think ma back hurtin is anything to worry about really.. probably just too much lifting of small children! am gonna wait and see if it gets bad again though before going to docs or anything as i would feel a rite idiot going to see her after it has gone away, sorta wasting her time im sure! X

C'mon H ..... phone your GP & they might do a home visit. If not I'll come round & take you myself ...... :)